This is the bit where I tell you about how I'm an exceptionally talented individual and excel at this and am brilliant at that, bla bla bla, yada yada yada. Yes, that's right, here's a version of my resume. Mail me if you want a Word version. (I'll see what I can do about posting a link to it on the website.)
PS I've left out some contact details and contact details for referees, for privacy reasons. Again, mail me if you have work.
Timothy Huw Train
I have become involved casually in various types of work:
Journalist, interviewer, writer, and researcher for Fighter Force, 1 day per week (Williamtown RAAF base paper), April – August 2003
Volunteer Worker, Port Stephens Telecentre, 2001 – 2004 – 1 day per week (Duties include: Secretarial work, spreadsheet work, customer relations, customer assistance, publicity, preparation of weekly timetables, web-page creation)
Volunteer Worker, Palais Royale Youth Venue, 2001 –2004– 1 day per week (Duties include: Editor, writer, interviewer, reviewer, researcher, publicist and secretary for youth magazine InZine, Secretary for Youth Music Committee Indent)
Volunteer Worker for I.F. Magazine (Independent Filmmaker)1999 – 2000
Writer for the Skeptic
Touch-typing speed: 75 – 85 wpm.
Alpha-numeric entry speed: 7000 kph.
I am familiar with the following programs:
- Microsoft Word (letter writing, publishing, mail-merge, using macros)
- Excel (data entry, basic formulas, charts)
- Powerpoint (creating/editing slide shows)
- Pagemaker, Publisher, and Photoshop (formatting and publishing)
- Front Page and Internet Explorer (web-design, research)
Master of Arts, Music, Sydney University, 1999 – 2000
Bachelor of Arts, Music and English Literature, Sydney University, 1996 – 1998
Higher School Certificate, 1995, 3-Unit Music, 2-Unit General English, 3-Unit Mathematics, 2-Unit Physics, 2-Unit
Eighth Grade Practice of Musicianship, Pass with Credit,
5th Grade Theory of Musicianship Pass with Honours,
Member of C.C.L.A., 1993 – 2004.
Member of Sydney University Film Society, 1997-1999 (Actor, Director, Script Writer)
Member of the Australian Skeptics, 2001-2004, contributor to the Skeptic.
Member of Sydney University Chess Society, 1998-2000, Secretary 1999 – 2000, Editor/ Producer/ Distributor of Chess Newsletter, 1999 - 2000
Contributor to U.R. (Union Recorder), 1999 - 2000
Member of Saint Andrews College Choir, and St. Andrews College Music Soc, 1996-1998. I performed as a choir member and pianist (playing accompaniment and solo) at several concerts and church services during the years 1996-1998.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2014 (114)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)
- I Just Can't Get Enough Of It
- Just Another Silly Joke About the Senseless Bureau...
- Dear Job Seeker
- Now That's What I Call Policy!
- From Unfame to Infamy
- Check, Mate!
- Position Vacant
- Postaliatory Strikes
- The Blog That Lives To Give
- More Riting Tips for Employers
- Of Moustaches and Men
- Position Vacant
- Random Bloggery
- My Favourite Local Ideologue
- I Make An Example Of Myself
- How To Rite a Job Ad
- Wise Words
- How To Employ Me
- JOb Surch
- I Would Like To Advise You That You Would Like To ...
- To My Minions
- Noninterview Take Two
- BLOOD BLOOD I CRAVE BLOOD!
- Position Vacant
- Get a Job Hippy!
- Interview Inconclusive
- Democracy Is Beautiful
- Me No Spika De Person
- Supplication Letter
- Masochistic Me
- Hey Hey Its Job Ad Day!
- Boring Administrative Notice
- Oboyoboy Oyibo!
- Look What You've Reduced Me To
- Making the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Work For Me
- Today is the day when I do what I always do today
- Blog Matters
- Wanted: Person. To do: Stuff.
- Position Vacant
- What I Did On Saturday
- My General Marvellousness
- Will Type For Food
- ▼ July (46)