kidattypewriter

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Today is the day when I do what I always do today

Wednesday is today and today is Wednesday. What do I usually do on Wednesday? Buy the Wednesday Herald and look for a job. Not that this is much different to what I do on Tuesday, which is, look for a job. Or Monday for that matter (look for a job extra-specially hard). As a matter of fact, if we get down to the nitty-gritty and look at my weekly timetable...

Monday: Contact employers advertised in the Saturday paper, log on to the net and look for a job.

Tuesday: Log on to the net and look for a job.

Wednesday: Buy Wednesday paper, wasting somebodies hard earned dollar in a vain attempt to get myself a job.

Thursday: Fritter away another five-taxpayer-funded-dollars on a Blue Ribbon bus to Raymond Terrace, where I fulfil my Mutual Obligation obligation at a local computer centre. Oh, and look for a job.

Friday: Having contacted all the employers advertised in the Saturday and Wednesday papers, stare at the wall for an hour. Then log on to the net and look for a job. During the afternoon, go off to a zine meeting.

Saturday: Another three dollars seventy cents goes on a weekend copy of The Australian and the Newcastle Herald. And look for a job.

Sunday: Walk down to Hamilton and play some chess at the Oasis cafe. Oh, and look for a job.

As you can see, it gets a little repetitive and I'd be the first to admit that it's made me a little obsessive. Hmmm, maybe I could sue somebody for repetitive strain disorder...

No comments:

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive