This is not right. Today is my birthday, yet Gem insists it is hers. It can't be both of our birthdays, can it? People are born on different days. That is the way of the world. If you are reading this blog and today is your birthday as well, then you do not exist. I'm sorry, but the coincidence of three people being born on the same day of the same month of the same year (15 September 1977) would just be too great.
Then again, maybe the day does not belong to any of us at all. Maybe September 15 is a fictional construct and we are all the warped creation of some postmodernist wankers brain. Or maybe it was a joke invented at the start of time by God (or whoever does his job).
Anyway, something has clearly gone wrong here and I wish somebody would help me clear it up. Thankyou.
PS - Obviously, this is not a happy-birthday-me post. When I started blogging, I made a commitment not to make any of those posts. That would just be self-referential, I said to myself. Quite right, I replied. Who asked you? I said. The pink elephants, I replied.
PPS - But now that we're on the subject, well done me. And happy birthday, Gem.
PPPS - Feel free to send large wads of cash to my house as a birthday present.
PPPPS (Or should that be PSSSS?) - I didn't mean to imply from the title of this post that I'm unhappy about sharing my birthday or anything. Heavens, no! As usual, I'm just confused. It doesn't take much to get me confused. I woke up this morning and was confused about what to have for breakfast. After that, I was confused about what to wear. As a matter of fact, I just lurch from confusion to confusion all my life. It helps keep me going.
PPPPPS - Wow! What a world we live in! I've just been doing some searching on the internet, and it seems the following people were born on September 15: Agatha Christie, writer, William Howard Taft, US President, James Fenimore Cooper, writer, Oliver Stone, director, Tommy Lee Jones, actor, and Prince Harry, er, prince. Also Fay Wray and Margaret Lockwood, actresses, and Julian 'Cannonball' Adderley, jazz saxophonist, and Bruno Walter, conductor, Al-Biruni, mathemetician, Joe Lyons, Australian PM, Adolf Bioy Cassares, writer and of course The Sun newspaper! All these people in the one little date!
PPPPPPS - Just quickly read over the list up there. Not many women listed, I see. All I did was copy what they had on the websites!
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2016 (58)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)
- We Seek Him/Her/It Here, We Seek Him/Her/It There
- A Pox On Them!
- Extremely Bad Joke
- How Disagreeable
- Postus Scriptum
- John Howard is a Big Bad Nasty Meany and He Makes ...
- Voting for an Unpronounceability
- Did You Know...
- Boris + Blog = Bloody Good!
- Bush Lieng, People Dieng: An Interview with Iraqwa...
- More Me
- Vile! Offensive! Not Suitable For Anyone! Rather D...
- White Mice Are On Their Way
- I Like To Submit
- Pseud's Corner
- The Political Significance of Green Hair
- Some Of My Best Friends Are Trees
- The Poll that Out Polls the Other Polls
- I Am The Victim of a Weird Temporal-Linguistic Par...
- Non Post
- Longish and Boringer
- Jolly Good
- Wots In The Noos
- Eighty Days In Under Two Hours
- The Perfect Summer Destination
- Important Election Announcement # 2
- Gulag Sounds Nice This Time Of Year
- IMPORTANT ELECTION ANNOUNCEMENT
- Know Any Egyptians?
- Cogito Ergot Margot
- Sydney Notes
- Verbalus Vomitus
- Bus Driver Bus Driver Man
- ▼ September (37)