The dishevelled young man stood up and looked around the room at the circle of - oddly pathetic - faces. With shaking hands and a quivering voice, he said
Hello. My name is TimT, and I blog.
There was a cough.
Someone cleared their throat.
That's alright, Tim called someone from the other side of the room. You've taken the first step.
Yeah, called someone else. We're all bloggers here. We support you!
Oh, said TimT. It all started so innocently. A quick browse on the net now and then - a scroll through the regular links. But then I got my own blog, and it got out of hand.
He looked up, nervously. Then, as if encouraged, somehow, by what he saw, he continued.
I started browsing on other people's blogs more and more often. I became a regular.... after all, I knew if I surrounded myself with others like me, then I wouldn't feel so ... so .... so ... guilty.
It started doing strange things to my interpersonal skills. Like, for no reason at all, I'd start saying things like .... like ":-)" and ":-(" in conversation.
":-0" gasped someone in the audience. How did you do that?
I don't know, I said. I really don't. But that's not the only thing I did. I started - at completely random moments - leaving links to completely meaningless websites!
And then I started using acronyms... like ...
LOL! shouted someone.
WTF! yelled another.
BBQ! ROTFLMAO! hollered a third.
What does that even mean?, I said.
Nobody knows! said someone from the back of the room.
It gets so bad, I sobbed, that I even get an urge to blog this ... right now...and ...
There was a sudden silence. Then, from the up the back of the room, there was a soft tap....tap.... taptap....
Everyone swung around and peered into the corner of the room from where the noise was coming.
There, in the dark corner, sat a small balding man in glasses, blogging the proceedings on his computer. Completely oblivious to everyone's eyes - all turned upon him.
And Tim was starting to get that urge again...
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2014 (124)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)
- Bloggers Pseudonymous
- Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Performance Poetry!!!!!
- Hinty Hinty Hinty Hint
- Notice Bored
- When I Grow Up
- Live Idol Blogging
- N 1 Ada ln
- On Not Existing
- From Out Of The Depths of Cyberspace
- Expressionate Yourself
- Films That Should Have Been Made
- When Tomorrow Was The Day Before
- In The Beginning...
- And Just For Good Measure
- The Retrosexual Speaks
- And The Nomimes Are...
- Ceci Ne Pas Une Blog
- Miscellaneous Momentary Musings
- The Sweet Soothing Sounds of Ideology
- A Comment on my Comment Commentary
- A Comment on Comments
- Stupid Is
- The Ice Cometh, Man
- Words I Hate
- Some funny shit...
- ▼ November (26)