Thanks to Kath, occasional blogger at Willtypeforfood and proprietoress of Jazzy Hands, I now have a new word to hate - Journey. As in, 'journey of spiritual growth and emotional enrichment'.
The list is growing longer day by day...
Actualization (self- or otherwise) - Because what ever happened to just "makin' something happen"? (Daisy, in comments)
Generosity - Don't you love the way that people - mostly politicians or media-hacks - use the term 'generosity' to justify taking money away from tax-payers, and channeling them into useless bureaucratic institutions? They've turned a simple word - originally meaning something like 'goodness of heart, charity, willingness to sacrifice effort, time, and money for the good of others' - into something out of 1984.
Google - Why does the name for almost every major website sound like baby-talk? Think about it - 'Google Ga-Ga', 'Yahoo Yippee Ya-ya', 'Kazaa Aha'! It's almost as if, you know, the programmers couldn't think of anything better to name their websites, so they just typed in the first thing to come into their heads...
Inspirational - Often used to describe autobiographical books. Whenever I see the word, I am inspired to blast a hole in the forehead of the nearest person as a means of expressing my sublime frustration.
Liberal - This word has several meanings 1) Bunch of conservative old farts like Tony Abbott who are against gay-marriage, abortion, porn, etc 2) Bunch of American wankers - in some cases, literally - who believe that self-love is the path to world-peace.
Motivation - Motivation is a term invented by Motivational Speakers like Anthony Robbins and John Gray to give themselves a job. It effectively means something like 'making audience members give them money'.
Progressive - Left-leaning people who get together and squabble over who is the most oppressed group in today's society (would it be the one-legged vegan lesbians or the homosexual battery-hens from a working-class background?) like to think of themselves as progressive.
Sophisticated - Mum uses this word all the time to describe 'cultured' people - to me, I'm afraid it just sounds snobbish.
Spiritual or Spirituality - This is one of those words that is so vague that it can be applied to any circumstance at all. What the hell is a person's 'spirit' anyway, how the heck did 'God' come to have anything to do with it, and why should we be bloody concerned about it anyway? Spirituality my arse. I want money. I want money NOW!
Self-esteem - Why can't somebody be 'proud' or 'ashamed' anymore? Why do they have to have either 'high' or 'low' self-esteem?
Tolerance - People throw out the intolerance card usually because they're pissed that you disagree with them vocally. Tolerance is not being in agreement, that's just... um, being in agreement. Tolerance is when you have a conflict, when you can talk about it, and when you subsequently deal with the fact that you see things differently. So chew on that, bitch! Daisy, in comments.
Validation - Look, I just hate it, okay?
Many more, but I won't go on. I know everyone out there must have their own hate-words. Leave a note in comments and I'll put 'em up!
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2016 (50)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)
- Bloggers Pseudonymous
- Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Performance Poetry!!!!!
- Hinty Hinty Hinty Hint
- Notice Bored
- When I Grow Up
- Live Idol Blogging
- N 1 Ada ln
- On Not Existing
- From Out Of The Depths of Cyberspace
- Expressionate Yourself
- Films That Should Have Been Made
- When Tomorrow Was The Day Before
- In The Beginning...
- And Just For Good Measure
- The Retrosexual Speaks
- And The Nomimes Are...
- Ceci Ne Pas Une Blog
- Miscellaneous Momentary Musings
- The Sweet Soothing Sounds of Ideology
- A Comment on my Comment Commentary
- A Comment on Comments
- Stupid Is
- The Ice Cometh, Man
- Words I Hate
- Some funny shit...
- ▼ November (26)