kidattypewriter

Friday, December 10, 2004

You Foul Mouthed Bastards

Well, here are the poll results so far. 30 people have voted, and a stunning 13 of them have said that their favourite swear word is 'Fuck'.

These results are a stunning reaffirmation of the continuing importance of the classics in modern Swearology, but a personal disappointment for me, who was hoping to see a win for 'Bloody Hell!'.

A number of other obscenities are vying for second and third places, including 'Cunt!' (4 votes), 'Shit!' and 'Zounds!' (just 1 point below the current second-place getter, on 3 votes).

Also on 3 votes is 'Bloody Hell'. Two of those voters were me...

The full list of results, in descending order, from 'most votes' to 'least votes', is here appended:

-Fuck! 43% 13

-Shit! 10% 3

-Cunt! 13% 4

-Bollocks! 7% 2

-Bloody Hell! 10% 3

-Damnation! 0% 0

-Zounds! 10% 3

-Bugger! 3% 1

-Blast! 0% 0

Something else (let us know in comments) 3% 1

In other news, I have just written what could be the most gratuitously obscene post in the history of blogging.

Bloody hell!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Viva Le Cunt!

I leave you with an excerpt from Georges Bataille's "Story of the Eye"

"She had black stockings on covering her knees, but I was unable to see as far up as the cunt (this name, which I always used with Simone, is, I think, by far the loveliest of the names for the vagina)."

Ohhh . . . the French and their wisdom. I say again: Viva La Cunt!

Tony said...

I like BALLS! In honour of Withnail.

"Balls to Monty?!?"

TimT said...

Daisy's back! Huzzah! Welcome back, Daisy - I was a bit scared those awful Reputzis had got you!

Anonymous said...

Tony, I agree. What the hell is "zounds"?

I think whoever uses that deserves more than just a punch in the mouth -- how about a kick in the . . .

TimT said...

Everyone, I'd like you to meet Daisy. Daisy is a person who is a lamb who is a cat who is a flower that wears sunglasses, or something. Anyway, it's all summed up in the well-known poem by Byron (cue bass-player, and Sax backup):

"She walks in beauty, like the cat
That wears dark sunglasses at night
And swings through Harlem's streets so cool
As ... but did I get that right?
"

I think I'd better stop now, to stop myself making an even bigger fool of myself than I have already managed to.

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive