kidattypewriter

Friday, December 10, 2004

You Foul Mouthed Bastards

Well, here are the poll results so far. 30 people have voted, and a stunning 13 of them have said that their favourite swear word is 'Fuck'.

These results are a stunning reaffirmation of the continuing importance of the classics in modern Swearology, but a personal disappointment for me, who was hoping to see a win for 'Bloody Hell!'.

A number of other obscenities are vying for second and third places, including 'Cunt!' (4 votes), 'Shit!' and 'Zounds!' (just 1 point below the current second-place getter, on 3 votes).

Also on 3 votes is 'Bloody Hell'. Two of those voters were me...

The full list of results, in descending order, from 'most votes' to 'least votes', is here appended:

-Fuck! 43% 13

-Shit! 10% 3

-Cunt! 13% 4

-Bollocks! 7% 2

-Bloody Hell! 10% 3

-Damnation! 0% 0

-Zounds! 10% 3

-Bugger! 3% 1

-Blast! 0% 0

Something else (let us know in comments) 3% 1

In other news, I have just written what could be the most gratuitously obscene post in the history of blogging.

Bloody hell!

10 comments:

The Flea said...

Viva Le Cunt!

I leave you with an excerpt from Georges Bataille's "Story of the Eye"

"She had black stockings on covering her knees, but I was unable to see as far up as the cunt (this name, which I always used with Simone, is, I think, by far the loveliest of the names for the vagina)."

Ohhh . . . the French and their wisdom. I say again: Viva La Cunt!

Tony.T said...

I like BALLS! In honour of Withnail.

"Balls to Monty?!?"

Tony.T said...

If I met anyone who said Zounds, I'd punch them in the mouth.

Angry said...

Cunt is the winner in my books.

Nothing gets a person's attention like the word CUNT!

ANGER LEVEL....65%

daisythelamb said...

I really like "fuckin' A!" because it makes me feel like an Italian mobster.

TimT said...

Daisy's back! Huzzah! Welcome back, Daisy - I was a bit scared those awful Reputzis had got you!

The Flea said...

Tony, I agree. What the hell is "zounds"?

I think whoever uses that deserves more than just a punch in the mouth -- how about a kick in the . . .

daisythelamb said...

Tim, the Reputzis could never get me down. For I move about like a cat in the night. Like a black cat which is very shifty and agile in a night which is overcast and especially dark, and the street lamps are burned out making it even more darker than usual and the cat is wearing special cat contacts which make its eyes not reflect any light, if there was light to reflect which there is not because the streetlamps are out and it is also overcast. Also the cat has no collar which lends to the mystery of it all.

No I only had a couple ddrinks tonight, okay.

TimT said...

Everyone, I'd like you to meet Daisy. Daisy is a person who is a lamb who is a cat who is a flower that wears sunglasses, or something. Anyway, it's all summed up in the well-known poem by Byron (cue bass-player, and Sax backup):

"She walks in beauty, like the cat
That wears dark sunglasses at night
And swings through Harlem's streets so cool
As ... but did I get that right?
"

I think I'd better stop now, to stop myself making an even bigger fool of myself than I have already managed to.

daisythelamb said...

Is that poem like the bastard lovechild of Byron and Corey Hart? Because if so I WILL MARRY THAT BASTARD LOVECHILD.

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
Me person. Live in world. Like stuff. Need job. Need BRAINS! (DROOLS IN THE MANNER OF ZOMBIES) Ergggggh ...