kidattypewriter

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Baghdad Girl

"I am Raghda Zaid, I am 13 years old. I live in Baghdad and I love cats."

This is from the website Baghdad Girl. See certainly does love cats - check out her last six posts, if you don't believe me. When I first saw this blog, I was rather curious - how does she get so many commentators solely on the strength of a couple of cat pictures?

Actually, the reason that she gets so much traffic might be more to do with posts like this:


Thursday, September 23, 2004

A Big Bomb

The day before yesterday a big bomb exploded in Baghdad in Al -Rabee street near my house,Alot of peaple died in that explosion, and alot of cars were burned and so were the shopes.
The man who did this has kild alot of peaple(women,children,men). and i'm so sorry for losing lots of iraqi peaple.

raghda
posted by Raghda Zaid @ 11:41 PM


This could be her best post:


Thursday, July 15, 2004

Beautiful day

One day I opened my eyes and I saw light of the sun in the north of Iraq it was a beautiful morning, mom said let's go to the mountain and waterfall and have some fun so that we went(dad, mom, my brother and me) to the waterfall and we played and ate food, in afternoon we went back to our home.

*It was a beautiful picnic in the north of Iraq*

Raghda
posted by Raghda Zaid @ 1:29 AM


And this post is definitely the saddest.

As with all blogs, it attracts some - er - interesting commentators:


At 5:21 AM, Anonymous said…

Hi Baghdad Girl,

I am as sad as you are about the explosion that took place two days ago. Really it is a coward action by coward people, killing innocent people. I am Iraqi mom and I have a daughter Yasmine. She loves the pictures of cats you post always on your site. She did send you an e.mail sometime ago my daughter sent you an e.mail and I encouraged her to do so but she kept waiting for your reply. I left my beloved country Iraq 1992. I am just trying to figure out where is Rabee St. is it close to Hay El Jameaa. I really worry whenever I hear a car explosion and which area as I have lots of relatives in Baghdad. Glad you are ok and my prayers for all those affected. Keep the good work and good luck. ma el salama

At 12:15 AM, Anonymous said… this one is the best. you guys have a combined IQ of 4. this site would be an insult to a the intelligence of a goldfish. stupid stupid people.

At 2:29 PM, Anonymous said…

Good Ramadan Raghda. I am a retired English and literature teacher in Texas. I taught thirteen-year- old girls and boys for thirty-three years. I don't BLOG, but today I decided you read a few of them. I found yours and really enjoyed the pictures of your cats and reading your entries. My students would write entries in a daily journal and found them to be very helpful and entertaining. I will tell you what I told my students. Many years from now, you will read what you have written and you will be amazed at what you are experiencing now and what a great part you are playing in the history of your country and the world. Keep writing and write many details. My best to you and your family. May you be blessed with health, happiness and a long life.

At 12:08 PM, Anonymous said…

It should be "these cats" rather than "those cats".

Use those when someting doesn't belong to you or if something is away from you in distance, such as: "Are those your cats?" or "Look at those cats over there".

If something is close to you or belongs to you, use "these". Since it is your picture, on your site, it should be "these cats".

Just a friendly English grammar lesson!

At 1:09 AM, Anonymous said…

My God! Leave the poor girl alone. She traumatized enough just living there.

At 12:00 PM, hnk said…

So you love cat...haaa??
I hate it and you are my cousin there for you shant write some thing like this , you know I feel a fraid whene I see it. I dont love you raghda and I dont accept your pologize, dont try honny , that is not work.

At 12:22 PM, Altruistic Dad said…

Hi there. I've been browsing through your blog, and I noticed that you have a very tender and loving heart.

At 2:56 AM, hnk said…

ramadan kareem raghood,I sent you E-cards, but you don't open it yet, why?
I miss you so much,and I hope we can meet soon.....


I'm hooked. Visit Baghdadgirl.blogspot.com now!

UPDATE - Just added the top comment today (Wednesday 11); rest of post is unchanged.

No comments:

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive