kidattypewriter

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Caught Within Her Steely Talons

It all started when I was at Uni. Go on, a friend said, have one. See what it's like.

So I smoked my first cigarette. It was the start of a sordid spiral into a world of decadence and addiction.

I've had a cigarette, at fairly regular six month intervals, ever since. At the TINA festival with Kathryn and David. Then at New Year's celebrations, with a pair of lawyers from Sydney called Peter and Nita. Now, between smokes, I find myself longing for the next cigarette, the next hit. Where is it going to come from?

I don't know. But it looks like I'm going to have to face up to facts: I'm an addict.

The Goddess Nicotine has me caught within her steely talons, and I don't know what I'm going to do about it. I'm afraid of what will happen if I do give up. What will the withdrawal be like? Will I, in fact, survive?

Hold me. I'm scared.

2 comments:

R.H. said...

If I didn't smoke I'd be doing something worse. Meanwhile, it's of great benefit to my caffe latte niece; gives her one more thing to be indignant about. These people are indignant or they're nothing.

Kathryn said...

Embrace the Goddess, for she is your friend. When everyone else in life lets you down, she'll be there for you. She'll cheer you up when you are sad, celebrate with you when you are victorious and encourage you when you are feeling defeated.

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive