Morning With The McBeths - a Miniature Drama
Enter Robert McBeth
Robert McBeth: (Coming into the dining room) Mornin', Stu ... Stu... goddern it, where is that boy when y' call for him? BOY!
Stewey McBeth: (From his bedroom) Dad, do you realise what time it is?
R.M.: How many times, boy, do I have to tell ya, we don't speak any of that English linger around here! Now talk properly to yer pa!
S.M: (Sighing) Aw, quit yer yappin', pa! (Comes out of his room, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes) What do you want, anyway?
R.M.: It's 7.00am in the mornin'! How many times do I have to tell ya, if you want to grow up to be a good and strong fascist like yer pa, you're goin' ta have ta get up early in the mornin'! Like they say in the poem,
Early to bed, an' early to rise
Makes a fascist healthy, wealthy and wise -
That ain't just one more o' them filthy Zionist lies.
S.M.: (Enthusiastically) But pa! I've just been engaging in an excellent poste and riposte session with Sir Weezil, of The Forces of Darkness (TM) and I reckon I've got a good chance of winnin' him over to the cause!
R.M.: (Spits) Tarnation! You haven't been posting on that thar internet thingy again, have ya?
S.M.: I have...
R.M.: How many times do I have to tell you, boy, you ain't ever goin' to win anybody over to the cause that way! I mean, what are you goin' ta say? 'Hello there, Mr. Weezil, I'm the representative of a virulent modern racist ideology, you're a jaded old leftist hack! What say we sit down and have an intelligent discussion about nationalism?' Think about it, boy!
S.M.: (Casting his head down to the ground) Yeah, I guess so, pa...
R.M.: Good! Now, whar's mah breakfast! Mah slave was supposed to bring it to me five minutes ago!
S.M.: Pa, how many times do I have to tell you, slaves have been outlawed ever since the civil war in the middle of the nineteenth century...
R.M.: Yeah, I know yer right boy, but a man can dream, can't he? Now FETCH ME MAH COFFEE! An' make it flat white, mind ... I ain't havin' any blackness in mah coffee!!!
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- Two Degrees of Separation, Blog Style
- Coffee Spoonerisms
- My TV Loves Me
- Blogging At Work
- Housecleaning Meditations
- But What About the Scat Pack?
- Just So You Know
- Blog Dates from Hell
- Dear John
- Go or No?
- Blogging Into the Void
- I Am Diverse, Multicultural, and Tolerant
- Horsing Around
- Definitive Proof
- Woman Talk Man Talk
- Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Brisvegas
- Imperial Measurement of the Week
- Hate Mail Anticipated
- Blabbering about Jabbernoir
- Channel Quiggin
- Your Assistunc Plez
- Pregrogblog Blogpost
- Supposedly Funny Contribution made to Allegedly 'F...
- The Romantic Redneck
- Morning With The McBeths
- The Ill Begotten Spawn of Satan and a Poo Sandwich...
- Baghdad Girl
- Caught Within Her Steely Talons
- Pro Procastination
- Don't Blame Me, I Only Wrote It
- Vote For Me, But Not Too Much
- Things Every Little Boy Should Know
- Happy New Year
- ▼ January (36)