"Don't judge a book by its cover," they say. Huh. Next time they'll be telling us that you shouldn't judge a person by appearances. I bet the people who say this are fat, blonde, and walk about wearing shirts saying, 'I am a big fat dumb blonde person who doesn't know what they're saying'.
I mean, let's face it, in the world of publishing as it is today, with the streamlining of different genres and authors, covers have become more and more important. I mean, if you don't judge a book by its cover, what are you going to judge it by? It's weight? It's contents? Don't make me laugh!
Judging a Book By Its Cover #1
Look at me, this cover is saying. I am big. I am black. I have several important looking vowels and consonants on me, and I have an attractive futuristic-art feel to me. I will look ever-so-valuable sitting there on the shelf, and if your cousins ask you why you don't read science-fiction any more, you can just clobber them over the head with me.
But, you ask, can you read me? Can you read me?
Jingle jingle jaunted jingling.
Coin rang. Clock clacked.
Avowal. Sonnez. I could. Rebound of garter. Not leave thee. Smack. La cloche! Thigh smack. Avowal. Warm. Sweetheart, goodbye!
Exactly. If you wanted to get a book for its contents, go out and get the train timetable. It's cheaper, smaller, much easier to understand, and it's cover is much uglier.
Buy me. Buy me now.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2016 (58)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ▼ February (8)