This is a post I wrote about a week ago as a kind of response after seeing The Incredible Melk on stage. I'm still not sure whether it's any good or if it's just dumb, but I'm putting it up anyway.
You know, when I was a young boy of about five years old and I had plans to kidnap the Easter Bunny and steal all of its chocolate and assassinate Santa Claus, I used to dream about Delta Goodrem. It would be running about in a cage, looking for a way to escape - the Easter Bunny, not Delta Goodrem - but I'd catch it and make rabbit pie. I'd be wearing my best Delta Goodrem dress and singing 'Innocent Eyes' while I skinned the bunny, and playing the piano while I did so. But those were long years ago, and I was small, and Delta Goodrem hadn't even been born, which made matters rather difficult.
In case you are wondering what I'm on about, I went to a show tonight. The Incredible Melk has put together a show called The Incredible Melk, for all people who looked up to Delta Goodrem. It's a show for the girly girls, even if that girly girl is more of a man's man, or a lumberjack, or a computer spare-parts salesman. It's an all-rapping supershow, full of witty lyrics, and samples from the Melk's Karma Sutra, not to mention snippets from her incredibly fabulous life with Delta and other superstars. So it's definitely worth going to, even if you are more of a Bec Cartwright fan rather than a Delta man.
Anyway, I guess the point I am trying to make is that rabbit pie tastes really really good, that you should all have a wonderful wonderful easter and try to come to Mel's show. It's good.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2016 (53)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ▼ March (12)