Who would have known that a story called 'Spot Gets Neutered' would turn out to have such a gruesome ending? Unfortunately, that's just the way things happened.
But don't worry. Everything turned out happily in the end.
Spot's mother, Sally, lived to a ripe old age, and was visited by Spot every Saturday.
Colin Cat wrote a book about his experiences, and became rich and famous, all over the world.
Peter the Paranoid Parrot was brought one day in a pet shop by a man who suffered from the delusion that birds talked to him. The two discovered that they shared much in common, and became firm friends.
Maddie Mouse may have had an untimely end, but at least she gave Spot indigestion.
The Vet found out that the reason he was laughing so much was because he had left the laughing gas on in his surgery. He turned it off and immediately collapsed in hysterical sobs on the floor. "This is the happiest day of my life!" he sobbed, before dying of a massive heart attack.
Daisy the Dog got over her rejection by Spot, and made it her ambition to become the First Dog on the Moon. She studied hard, got good grades at school, went to a reputable Canine College, and eventually her childhood dream became true.
And Spot became a leading Countertenor, yapping all around the world before audiences of millions. He performed pieces by such famous composers as George Frideric Houndel, Johann Sebastian Bark, Woofgang Amadeus Mozart, and Beagle Stravinsky. He was loved by all.
UPDATE - For more dog-related goodness, read this lovely tale about cosmetic treatment, dog style, on Metal City.
UPDATE ON THE UPDATE - First time readers might be a little surprised that 'things can turn out happily in the end' after a 'gruesome ending'. But there it is.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- Patriarchy 101
- Happy Endings
- Questions Asked
- My Children's Book
- It's a Ponderful Life
- Compassion - Just So Twentieth Century
- Meme 2
- To All Stuff
- Underwear of the Mighty
- Your Underwear
- When The Russell Crowes
- Meme 1
- Snode Sounds Like a Rather Good Title For a Poem, ...
- Lip is Hip
- Nonspiracy Theory
- How To Be A Poet
- The Pie Poll!
- ▼ June (19)