Young people! What to do with them?
Of course, being a venerable old fogey myself, I am firmly of the opinion that they should be outlawed, but until Mr. Menzies starts answering my letters, we'll just have to let that be.
But you know, I was taking my constitutional stroll this morning, when I came across a group of three young scalliwags discoursing excitedly about some book or another. My ears are not what they used to be, but it seems they were talking about 'Gary Cotter', whoever that was.
Now, even though I am old, that is not to say that I am not 'with it' or 'up with the homies'. After doing some research on my Inter Net, I have discovered that books about this 'Gary Cotter' fellow seem to be quite the thing.
As far as my keen eyes could discern, the books about this Gary Cotter fellow go something like this:
Gary Cotter is a student at the Bogfarts school of Hitchcraft and Lizardry. *
He makes plenty of friends there, like Ron Wheezy, and Hamboney Granger.
But he also makes enemies. The most important of these is Vord Oldy Mort, or Bored Mouldy Port, or some such person. I don't know, I can't remember his name properly.
Hmmph. If this is what passes for entertainment nowadays, then I don't know what the world is coming to. Reading! In my day, we'd actually do educational things to pass the time, like look at paintings of bulls on cave walls.
Which reminds me. Isn't it time for my daily whipping? Marsha! Marsha!
*Of course, if he grew up with me, he would have been sent to a respectable school of grammar and sadomasochism, but that's not the point.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2017 (36)
- ► 2016 (71)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- Comment on the Comment
- Age Rage
- The Worst Magician In The World ...
- No Comment
- No Words are Good Words
- RUN! RUN! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, RUN WHILE YOU STILL...
- Walkers Walk in the Walk Against Want
- You Young Whippersnappers
- Where Am I?
- Thought For The Day
- More Art, More Soul
- Coat Hangery Meditations
- Writers Are Such Interesting People
- I Have Discovered
- Art and Soul
- Community Service Announcement
- Nutty Story
- Thought For The Day
- ▼ July (23)