kidattypewriter

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Notes For A Musical

This is a post for Jelly, who will soon be quitting these shores for an expedition to the United States. I bet she'll be able to guess all the musicals these are from, too.

Notes towards a production entitled ALGEBRA - THE MUSICAL

It Had To Be U

It had to be U, wonderful U,
it had to be U.


Y God, Y?
Y, God, Y? Y today?
I'm all through here - on my way.

I Can Do Anything
I can do anything better than U can,
I can do anything better than U.


A Sailor Went to C
A sailor went to C, C, C
To C what he could C, C, C

T for 2
Picture U upon my knee
Just T for 2
And 2 for T

I Only Have I's for U, Dear
Are the stars out tonight?
I don't know if it's cloudy or bright
'Cause I only have eyes for you, dear

O Me O My!
Oh me, O my, O my, O me, O U!
O me, O my, O U!


A-B-C
A B C,
yeah, talkin' 'bout 1 - 2 - 3,
yeah, A - B - C, 1 - 2 - 3,
baby u and me girl.

1 comment:

Jellyfish said...

Hah! Thankyou, this is fun!

1. Argh! I'm struglging to recall if this is from a musical! Isn't that terrible. I think they play it in 'Casablanca,' and it's in 'When Harry Met Sally.' Will that do?!

2. Hello, Miss Saigon! *helicopter takes off*

3. Annie Get Your Gun. One of my All-time Favorite Shows (minus the scary unreconstructed portrayal of the 'Injuns'. Yikes.)

4.Surely not in a show? I can do all the actions, hough. I'm a clever girl.

5. No, No, Nanette.

6. Dames.

7. Well, Doreen sings these lines in The Sentimental Bloke. It might also be from another show but I reckon that reference is obscue enough for brownie points of its own :)

8. Jackson 5. Not from a musical, but a truly fabulous song.

Thanks for the present. I should probably go pack some stuff now.

Thankyouverymuch.

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
Me person. Live in world. Like stuff. Need job. Need BRAINS! (DROOLS IN THE MANNER OF ZOMBIES) Ergggggh ...