Just been to see The Producers. You haven't seen The Producers? See it. Here are some of the reasons why:
"I smell the stench of someone developing a sense of self esteem!"
"I'm not sure that that's necess ..."
"Yes, it is necess! Absolutely necess!"
"There's more to you than there is to you!"
"Mr Bialystock! You've made a terrible mistake! I have no spine!"
"Or you will meet your dess!"
"Dess? I don't know what dess is. Is it anything like death?"
"I haffn't been so happy since zey conquered Poland!"
"We made the wrong musical, with the wrong actors, and the wrong director. Where did everything go so right?"
It's hilarious. And if that doesn't convince you, go read this bad review of same film:
I know no-one should ever really expect anything particularly classy from the mind of Mel Brooks; his is a style reserved for bad taste comedy, Saturday afternoon schlock and incredibly un-PC spoofs. But this version of The Producers takes on a new level. Its crassness comes from a different time, and sorely deserved an upgrade. It does have its moments, and Nathan Lane is absolutely brilliant as the pathetic Bialystock, but overall this was a badly made movie of a poorly adapted musical of an OK movie.
Now, with that, er, recommendation, how could you not go?
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2017 (40)
- ► 2016 (71)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- An Exercise in Comparative Literature
- God Versus the Publishers
- Who The Hell
- Typing For Food
- A Mild Speech To My Skin Condition
- New Political Nomenclature
- Australia Day Post!
- Funny To Be Trying
- Inspiring Epigram For Dogs
- Dispatches From The Bureau Of Grammatological Regu...
- Bark to Nature
- Remake of the Year
- The Age Letters Page
- The International Day of Not Very Much
- Mispelling Is Vulgar
- Facts About Australian Flora and Fauna
- Now You Know Your ABC
- Headlines for the SMS Generation
- Due to Budgetary Constraints, This Headline Has Be...
- Ways To Amuse Yourself #5
- The Parable of the Three Men In The Boat
- On the Male Neck Tie
- Eight Words Other Than 'Failure' That Rhyme With A...
- Poetic Imagery My Arse
- Moment Musicale
- Blue Psued Pshoes
- Tim's Of The Blog World
- Sometimes The Australian Media Disgusts Me
- Communist Ninja Shark Attack!
- Light Relief
- Cooking With Tim
- The Zen Theory of Comedy
- Expand Your Vocabulary
- Inspirational Verse
- Giving Your Child An Inspirational Name
- 2005 - (Re Reading Lists)
- What's That Sound?
- ▼ January (40)
- ► 2005 (287)