Not that I don't like my job. All I do is listen to radio all day and type and when it gets quiet, I'm able to nip down to the video archives downstairs and get a copy of a Doctor Who repeat. But eleven hours straight at the job is excessive. Argh. I think my back wants to kill someone.
Anyway, from practical experience, here are a few insights I'd like to offer:
- Some people should really learn English as a second language, because they're crap at English as a first language.
- For an android, Kevin Rudd does a surprisingly good imitation at humour. It's only when you do several Rudd press conferences that you realise he says the same thing, over and over. He doesn't quite seem to get that this whole 'communication' thing involves saying different things occasionally.
- When a politician issues a media alert, be alarmed. Be very alarmed.
- A moratorium should be imposed on the following words and phrases:
Now can I just say this (Kevin Rudd, I'm looking in your direction)
- Also, there should be a strict rationing on words and phrases including, but not limited to, the following:
In all likelihood
If we had only one of those per sentence, we might be able to avoid tortuous sentences which wrench several of these phrases into close proximity in a desperate attempt to avoid saying anything.
- Billy the Mime would make a better radio presenter than Neil Mitchell.
That's all. For the moment.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2017 (30)
- ► 2016 (71)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- An Exercise in Comparative Literature
- God Versus the Publishers
- Who The Hell
- Typing For Food
- A Mild Speech To My Skin Condition
- New Political Nomenclature
- Australia Day Post!
- Funny To Be Trying
- Inspiring Epigram For Dogs
- Dispatches From The Bureau Of Grammatological Regu...
- Bark to Nature
- Remake of the Year
- The Age Letters Page
- The International Day of Not Very Much
- Mispelling Is Vulgar
- Facts About Australian Flora and Fauna
- Now You Know Your ABC
- Headlines for the SMS Generation
- Due to Budgetary Constraints, This Headline Has Be...
- Ways To Amuse Yourself #5
- The Parable of the Three Men In The Boat
- On the Male Neck Tie
- Eight Words Other Than 'Failure' That Rhyme With A...
- Poetic Imagery My Arse
- Moment Musicale
- Blue Psued Pshoes
- Tim's Of The Blog World
- Sometimes The Australian Media Disgusts Me
- Communist Ninja Shark Attack!
- Light Relief
- Cooking With Tim
- The Zen Theory of Comedy
- Expand Your Vocabulary
- Inspirational Verse
- Giving Your Child An Inspirational Name
- 2005 - (Re Reading Lists)
- What's That Sound?
- ▼ January (40)
- ► 2005 (287)