I was getting a post together called 'If Transport Were Bodily Organs', but still haven't finished it. In the meantime, I've been memed! So, without further ado, here's six weird things about me:
1. For ever since I can remember, my parents have had an old pendulum clock sitting on the wall of their house. It has a brown face, and two copper hands, one for the minutes, and one for the seconds. It keeps good time, and I'm quite fond of it.
Once, however, when I was a kid, I had a bad experience with it. I was probably only about five years old. I was sitting around the house, bored, and tired. The day seemed to be stretching on forever and ever. For some reason, I looked up at the clock, and saw twelve hands stretching out all over the clock face. This terrified me.
I realised at some point later that this was a dream. Some dream, though!
2. Speaking of strange dreams, when I was younger, perhaps in my early twenties, I'd sometimes have strange dreams where I saw extremely complex mathematical patterns in my minds eye. It only happened very occasionally, and I've since stopped having these dreams.
3. I've tried to learn German twice, but haven't succeeded. The first was when I was at Balranald Central School and did German by correspondence. Being lazy, I couldn't keep up with it.
The second time was an abortive attempt after I left Uni and had just moved to Newcastle.
The third attempt is still to come ...
4. I grew up in a NSW town that played Australian Rules football, but we were the one family in town that didn't have a football team. I still don't have a football team, even though I live in Melbourne!
5. I like haggis.
6. My family had a fox terrier who I used to tease by saying 'Good dog!' in a growl, and 'bad dog', in a happy, congratulatory tone of voice. (My brothers and me also liked to throw her in the pond occasionally, because afterwards, she'd jump out and race at an incredibly fast speed around the yard, so I blame them for my incipient sadism.)
This is all not that weird, actually, so maybe you guys who know me might like to list six more weird things about me in comments? Go on!
PS Hate to incur the wrath of the internet Gods, but I'm not going to nominate anyone (and I'll think up an excuse for why later.) But anyone who wants can pick up on this meme and do it themselves!
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2014 (80)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- The I Of The Storm
- No Prime Like The Present
- Blog Gossip!
- Crime and Punishment
- Putting the Hi Back in Hi-5
- Chronic Artism
- O What a Beautiful Mourning
- Parenting Tips from Tim
- Mel Brooks, the Producer's "Mel Brooks' The Produc...
- My Father Has ESP
- Brief Update
- The Weird Six
- Holey Cheeses!
- Quote of the Day
- Lazy Long Weekend
- Sunday Morning Pastoral Postage
- The Evils of Communism
- More Definitions From The Poet's Dictionary
- Poetry Corner!
- The Eternal Dilemma
- Attention Melbournians!
- Separated At Birth
- Schnitz the Veal Deal!
- Random Observation
- Unmutual Incomprehension
- When To Tell Your Parents About Oedipus
- Contrafiction in Terms
- Strophe Striphe
- The Department of Grammatological Rectitude
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2005 (287)