kidattypewriter

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Weird Six

I was getting a post together called 'If Transport Were Bodily Organs', but still haven't finished it. In the meantime, I've been memed! So, without further ado, here's six weird things about me:

1. For ever since I can remember, my parents have had an old pendulum clock sitting on the wall of their house. It has a brown face, and two copper hands, one for the minutes, and one for the seconds. It keeps good time, and I'm quite fond of it.
Once, however, when I was a kid, I had a bad experience with it. I was probably only about five years old. I was sitting around the house, bored, and tired. The day seemed to be stretching on forever and ever. For some reason, I looked up at the clock, and saw twelve hands stretching out all over the clock face. This terrified me.
I realised at some point later that this was a dream. Some dream, though!

2. Speaking of strange dreams, when I was younger, perhaps in my early twenties, I'd sometimes have strange dreams where I saw extremely complex mathematical patterns in my minds eye. It only happened very occasionally, and I've since stopped having these dreams.

3. I've tried to learn German twice, but haven't succeeded. The first was when I was at Balranald Central School and did German by correspondence. Being lazy, I couldn't keep up with it.
The second time was an abortive attempt after I left Uni and had just moved to Newcastle.
The third attempt is still to come ...

4. I grew up in a NSW town that played Australian Rules football, but we were the one family in town that didn't have a football team. I still don't have a football team, even though I live in Melbourne!

5. I like haggis.

6. My family had a fox terrier who I used to tease by saying 'Good dog!' in a growl, and 'bad dog', in a happy, congratulatory tone of voice. (My brothers and me also liked to throw her in the pond occasionally, because afterwards, she'd jump out and race at an incredibly fast speed around the yard, so I blame them for my incipient sadism.)

This is all not that weird, actually, so maybe you guys who know me might like to list six more weird things about me in comments? Go on!

PS Hate to incur the wrath of the internet Gods, but I'm not going to nominate anyone (and I'll think up an excuse for why later.) But anyone who wants can pick up on this meme and do it themselves!

4 comments:

Jenny Wynter said...

Failure to pass on the taggy virus? The Holy Lard is sure to hit you with giant bolts of blue-vein.

TimT said...

Life wasn't meant to be cheesey.

Gemnastics said...

You like haggis? I am now afraid of you.

TimT said...

True. Also, my brother plays the bagpipes, but I'm not that depraved.

Yet.

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive