Apparently some people use these here blog-things for writing things about themselves, and letting friends know what happens in their lives. Not me, I use it pretty much to lie or publish things I can't get published elsewhere. Other bloggers write about themselves with much more honesty and wit than I could ever muster.
But still, fair's fair. Sometimes I do get in a reflective frame of mood, and post things about myself. This is one of those times.
- I feel guilty about not having caught up with Kathryn and David for some time. They were my first friends in Melbourne, even before I moved here, and they helped me a lot in that move. They're both fantastic people, and I should have let them know.
- The company I work for has just been - unexpectedly - sold to its major competitor. This is bad news for me, as it means at the end of this month I may be out of a job. Though it's simple and not exactly intellectually satisfying, I'm happy with my job at the moment and want to keep it. And the other transcribing jobs in Melbourne aren't that attractive. Prior to working within my current company, I did a number of short, unsatisfying typing jobs around the city; the worst was with a smarmy prick in Southbank who got his workers to type faster by threatening to fire them. I lasted two weeks in that job and got fired.
Anyway, I'm going to be keeping an eye out for good jobs in the next couple of weeks in light of the possibility that I'm made redundant.
- Last night, it was cold and raining, and I bought a honeycomb gelato on Bay Street. Tonight, I did my grocery shopping at ten-thirty at night, then came home and practiced the accordion. I live on the edge, man!
- I just finished listening to a Dandy Warhols CD. Frankly, their brand of faux faux rock (or pop unpop) is pretty irritating, but it's not as if I have much of a choice. It's either that or play my Zappa CD over and over and over again.
- My laptop is dead, but at least I managed to retrieve most of my files from it.
- My flatmate has a thing for bittersweet folk-and-country music, and everytime he plays it, it puts me in a meditative frame of mind, and I sit down to compose poems that are made entirely out of swear words.
- My hair is ridiculous. If the weather is windy, then it gets sculpted into the most absurd pieces of modernist art imaginable. When I go riding on the tram, I need to get an extra seat for it. The first thing Nabakov said to me at a grogblog was, 'does your hair have a blog, too?' I agreed that it should. That grogblog was three months ago.
I really should get it cut, but there's no way I trust any of the barbers here in Coburg.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2016 (69)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- Tall, Link and Dishevelled
- Another Fun Pet For Your School!
- Possible Characters for Novels #3
- A Fun Pet For School!
- Mrs Socrates
- More Croucherisms
- Consider Onan
- A Happy Song For a Saturday Night
- Dr ... Not Very
- Anyone for a Cuppa?
- I Am So Sick of Nature Poetry
- The Moral Progress of Man
- A Steaming Code of ...
- Hex Runt's Cunning Stunts
- Post Whose Sole Purpose Is To Link To Another Post...
- An Educational Poem for Mother's Day
- Our Team Versus Their Team
- Tim Elsewhere
- Blog Duels To The Death I'd Like To See
- TimT, your Links Stink!
- Saucy Soulmate Action ...
- Prime Minister Primer
- Adage Homage
- Right Then, Who Was It?
- Post About Me
- The Sounds of Nature No. 2
- Pretty Flowers
- The Sounds of Nature No. 1
- Blogger Is Sensitive To The Needs of Disabled Peop...
- Mr Manners Says ...
- A Weakend of Footbrawl
- ▼ May (34)
- ► 2005 (287)