kidattypewriter

Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Bloggrogging ...

On Friday I went to a grogblogging. I said earlier that I would get photographs, but my camera was out of batteries, so I'll just have to give a rundown of the night here:

I fell into the Hotel Lincoln off Queensberry Street, and immediately proceeded to walk around the interior of the building twice, go outside, check the name, while failing to spot the big table of bloggers sitting right in the corner. Not bad considering I'd hardly drunk anything by that time. (I had a work drink thing earlier that night).
I said g'day to some of the folks at the table, and ran into Armaniac at the bar. Later, I fell in with Aaron, and he gave me a run down of the folks attending: Russell, Supermercado Adam, Agentfareevader Adam, and Alex from ...
Quasi
.... Boho ....
.... .... Alterna ....
.... .... .... hyphen ....
.... .... .... .... whatnot.

Alex from Quasibohoalternacommawherenow? But thankfully, I'd met Alex from ....
Quasi
.... Boho ....
.... .... Alterna ....
.... .... .... hyphen ....
.... .... .... .... whatnot.
before. So, I waved to her, and slurred in fluent alcoholic,
- Hi, Alex from
Quasi
.... Boho ....
.... .... Alterna ....
.... .... .... hyphen ....
.... .... .... .... whatnot.
Smashing party, eh, what, my dear girl?
Alex from quasibohoalternahyphenwhatnot merely waved her hand in a ladylike fashion and trilled in a ladylike manner, 'I didn't do Jack-shit'.
Later, I got into a conversation with Helen, and with Jon from Sternezine. I put to him the question - if he had Bill Gates fortune, what would he do with it? I favoured purchasing a symphony orchestra myself; Jon, it turned out, had a fancy that he would like to procure Rhodesia. But it doesn't exist now!, I protested. What I can only describe then as an evil gleam came into Jon's eye, and he growled at me,
"Oh, I'd MAKE it exist!"
Reprimanded thusly, I moved on to talk about other subjects.
There were many more people, and even more beers; a big shout out to Robert - he's one smart cookie. Plus, he bought me a beer.

More people met that night, including whatisname from Torn Curtain, and thingamyjig from Engel's Empire. I'd better not go on, as some of the names have faded from memory. Lovely to meet you all, leave a comment in - er, comments, if you were there!

9 comments:

ras said...

I wasnt there, but it sounds like it was fun

always nice to meet net people in real life.

Except you dont know whether to call them by their real names or handles?

TimT said...

I got that a couple of times. 'This is Tim T' 'Oh, are you the WillTypeForFood guy?' Engel's Empire guy also introduced himself to me by the name of his website. I thought it was 'Angle's Empire', at first.

Anonymous said...

I prefer to blogname-realname for introductions.

eg. This is willtypeforfood-tim or supermercado-adam.

The singing was excellent for the stayers. Perhaps there is a blog band in the making.

ras said...

on the subject of blogs

true to my word

http://adventuresindreadlocks.blogspot.com/

This is not spam !

Erica said...

I was there! However don't remember meeting you, or even what you may have looked like. I was one of the young ones. The girl closeted in the corner. Or at the bar. Or escaping Engel's Empire.

TimT said...

Real name first. Blog name second, if absolutely necessary. Surely this is the right way to do things?

Hmmm, Ras, Erica - more linking to do, I see ...

divinetrash said...

I don't really *trill*, do I?

TimT said...

No, that's true, you don't - although if the reports are true, one of the guys who went to the karaoke can ...

I put that line in there for purposes of comic juxtaposition, 'n' stuff.

TimT said...

I just think it reflects the order of importance: people are more important than blogs.

Using 'of' makes it sound like bloggers are feuding warlords: 'TimT of the kingdom of WillTypeForFood'.

And just so you know, Russ - I'm sieg heiling the computer as I type. All my workmates are looking at me weirdly ...

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive