On Meeting People You Have Previously Only Known From The Internet In Real Life
It's easy. Just go up to a person in the street you don't recognise and introduce yourself.
They will very likely be looking for somebody they don't recognise, too; so you'll have something to talk about.
The only circumstance in which this will not work is if you have previously agreed on the time, date, and place to meet up but find out later that you have both agreed on different times, dates, and places.
Although one way to avoid this is to deliberately make a mistake, and turn up at the wrong time and the wrong place.
This method might even be successful if they turn up at the wrong time and the wrong place, too.
Are they black? Make sure you do not notice this, as that may make you racist.
Are they male, or female? Again, make sure you do not notice this as this would make you racist. Everything does, nowadays.
Most people who frequent the internet are either socially maladaptive, geeks, stalkers, or murderous psychopaths (hey, Mum, look at my blog!) If the Person You Have Previously Only Known From The Internet is one of these people, a word of warning: they may be a little unusual.
Pay no attention to any photographs of stalkees, severed limbs, etc, etc, they might have.
You wouldn't want to make them uncomfortable.
Once you have failed to recognise them, meet them at the right location, or at the right time, notice their personal characteristics, ethnicity, sex, or sociopathic tendencies, you might like to fail to agree to share a cup of coffee or a beer with them, in one of the many fine cafes in your vicinity.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- Grata Non Persona
- Inward, Christian Soldiers
- Geek Amnesia
- Extracts From the Journals of a Minor Comic Poet
- Ideologically Appropriate Sartorial #1
- An Observation
- Proper Gander
- Ways To Amuse Yourself #6
- Inappropriate Political Organisations
- Bun Mots
- Pedants' Corner
- Limited Sedition
- Improbable Working Hours
- The Boy and the Bug
- A Recently Reported Case of Lenny Henry Ism
- The Eternal Washing Pile
- J S Bach, Bohemian
- Possible Characters for Novels #4: Nonsequitur
- Two Sentences That Don't Make Sense
- Impressions Of a Bookstore
- The Discontents of the Book
- More Update Update!
- Toupee Grows Man!
- Possible Characters for Novels #3: Martin Martins
- Telephony and the Gentile Art of Abuse
- Writing Tip
- What the hell are you smiling at?
- Update Update
- A Letter To The Editor
- The History of Europe Presented as a Weather Repor...
- Part-time God
- Little Blog Bits
- Metaphors for the Modern World
- ▼ August (33)
- ► 2005 (287)