kidattypewriter

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Little Blog Bits

- An overaffectionate teenager, a bewildered Melbourne blogger, and a bitchy Sydney blogger makes for ... comments about the 'situational nature of truth'. Honestly, sometimes I don't understand the blogosphere. I'm a Tim Blair-ite myself, but heaven knows, when he linked to the brilliant Ausculture a few days ago, some of the responses were downright dumb, or weird, or both.
The internet: a bunch of deaf people in a room, shouting at one another?

- I do love a good shitfight, and that's pretty much what's gone down at Sternezine in the last two days. The post that provoked this shitfight, by the way, is a corker: elegant, eloquent, and very, very funny. Tim Sterne's an exceptional writer, so if you haven't read Sternezine yet, why not start now?

- For some random reason*, the Comic Mummy is in New York, and she's blogging up a storm!

- Now linked: The Spin Zine, an occasional net publication by one of the best Aussie bloggers, Darlene Taylor. Some pieces of mine should be published in it - and one of them will be inspired by this post, by the marvellous Ms Jellyfish!

* 'Random' for the purposes of alliteration.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim, you big crawler. Errr, I'm not a blogger.

Thanks for the link.

I will updating the site (note - it's not a blog) over the next few days.

Currently featuring is a piece about blogs.

Armagnac Esq said...

You are indeed but a blogger, we know it when we see it!

Hah, more blogeral is announced...

http://armagnacd.blogspot.com/2006/08/carrier-falcons-go-forth.html

TimT said...

'Big crawler?'

Ha, you didn't have to flatter me!

Jellyfish said...

Aw, Tim. You rock. You're so damn reasonable. Watch out or you'll give conservatives a good name.

Oh, and re. your other post, it's 'My God, my God, why have you abandonded me?'but you knew that, right?!



(PS- Not a blogger, eh? DENIAL!)

TimT said...

I knew it, but he didn't. *Points*

Shelley said...

That Ausculture thing was truly one of the most childish things I've ever seen. It was like a nasty schoolyard incident but lacking a principal with a cane. But, of course, not being a born-again-christian-right-wing-what-have-I-forgotten-whatever I can know nothing and think nothing and quite probably should commit suicide or something. Or did I miss the point of the various diatribes?

Anonymous said...

No, you didn't miss the point, though a lot of those commenters did.

Shelley said...

I don't think they did either. I strongly suspect that attack is all they do. But again, you know, they're all cleverer-better-educated-more-correct-about-everything than the rest of us...

Caz said...

I still don't understand why any blogs made a fuss about the school boy with the screw driver. I just thought it all very funny, and "quintessentially Australian" - by which I mean: in many other countries he would have at least been rugby tackled and beaten to a pulp, before being arrested. But then, in many other countries he wouldn't have been within spitting distance, let alone hugging mode of the country's leader.

I was also rather tickled that Howard got the joke (unlike so many stick in the mud pollies) when The Chaser team turned up a couple of days later with a pretend axe; an encouter that Howard hilariously ended with yet another hug. (I've seen Costello be similarly playful with The Chaser team.) Only in Oz, is what I thought, with a smile.

The Chaser encounter was even funnier than the school boy with a screw driver.

TimT said...

True, some bloggers are just in it for a fight.

Wish I'd seen that Chaser skit now.

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive