kidattypewriter

Saturday, January 06, 2007

A Suggestion is Ventured

Been reading the eccentrically-inclined blog Nottlesby's Notes lately. Do visit, it's ever so much fun! I'm thinking of starting up a Nottlesby Club - call ourselves The Olde Nottlesbonians, perhaps? No, too gauche. Nottlesbites? Nottlesbys For The Nonce? Nottlesby Across the Nation? Hmm, needs some work.

Of course, we'll need to have a quarterly, focusing on issues of concern, such as Jolly Motoring Adventures across the City, or the Unhappy Lot of the Scrivener. We'll call it - but hang it all, I've got it - The Nottlesballonian! Dash it all, chaps, who's with me? Come all ye faithful Old 'Ballonians, one for all, and all for one, and all that!

'Pon my word, I think this idea has legs, I do! I'll let you know how it goes!



Nottlesby:
neither a villain nor a cur: a gentleman, sir, a gentleman!

UPDATE! - Let's put it to a vote, then, shall we?

I Move That Nottlesby Is The Most Outstanding Exemplar In The Field of Excellence, Bar None!
Hear, hear!
Quite right!
Jolly good!
I object, sir, I object!
Free polls from Pollhost.com

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear! Vive le Nottlesby!

TimT said...

Excelsior!

Shelley said...

Very entertaining. He reminds me of someone but I can't quite work out who.

TimT said...

For heaven's sake, don't tell either of them, you might make them jealous.

Anonymous said...

I think it's going to happen if that poll is any judge.

Tim, you have a very original sense of humour. That's a good thing.

Anonymous said...

By Jove what a signal honour! I'm blushing more than the Vicar's daughter did on that rainy afternoon when I ... oh, hang it all, never mind.

I say, what a splendid idea - a trans-Australian League of the Likeminded. Can we have songs? And perhaps a Glee Club for the Annual Picnic &c?

TimT said...

'A League of the Likeminded'.

Steady on, old chap, you make it sound like the Australian Greens. I like the Glee Club suggestion, though.

TimT said...

Then again, I'm quite fond of the title 'The League of the Unlikely-minded.'

Mercurius Aulicus said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive