I'm in New York, and the first thing I noticed about the place is it smells. Smoke pours out of the gutters; the streets even have something that look like giant cigarettes stuck in them. I like to think I spotted somebody smoking on the top of the Empire State Building last night - there was certainly steam coming from it. Maybe somebody was having a bonfire on top of it. The odour is really quite a peculiar combination of ashes, the sewer, rotting food, and an undefinable something.
It would be wrong to title this post 'New York Stinks' - it doesn't, it's a beautiful city. Maybe call it 'Cologne de New York'. Only, that might risk mixing up New York with Cologne, in Germany, which would just get confusing.
More to come, later. I've been taking a few pictures, so I'll try and put them up soon.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2014 (112)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- Several Unlikely Uses For a Ballerina
- The Fable of the Metaphysically-Challenged Street
- Larry, Curly, and Gizmo
- Notes Taken After a Walk Back From Fisherman's Wha...
- Geeky Blog Reference
- Virtual Utopian Community Riven By Petty Disputes ...
- Gawd, Not More Pictures, Please, No!!!!
- From Somewhere in Brooklyn
- Being Unavoidably Detained in the northern hemisph...
- Umbrella Story
- To Staten Island, one Pretzel at a Time
- The Arts of Modern Peril
- Fun Facts About Japan!
- Eaux de New York
- Pardon Me If I Do Not Live Up To My Usual Low Stan...
- Train Stations I Have Known Number Two
- Bow Ties, Much Better Than Tai Bo
- Paradigming the Dominant Subversion
- Places You Are In When You Want To Be In Some Plac...
- Position Vacant
- An Open Letter To The Emerging Writers' Festival
- Extrapolate! Extrapolate!
- Meaningless Ramblings for a Saturday Evening
- Oh, Goyous Day
- Learning To Share
- Comment Unpolicy
- ▼ February (28)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)