It's my last full day in the USA today! This morning as I took a step out onto 47th Street I took a lusty breath of the freezing, smog-laden air and hacked out several nostalgic coughs. I sauntered out over 3rd Avenue towards the Breakfast Deli on Lexington and cocked my ear to hear the inevitable angelic chorus of car-horns and drivers screaming at me in several languages at once. I heartily turned towards them and launched into my own version of the New York tirade, lacing my speech with several loving expletives. One of the drivers even felt moved enough to launch his car at me, but I think he sensed the quiver in my voice, as there was something almost gentle in the way I was lifted into the air and...
Minor details like narrative hyperbole and road rage aside, I shall miss the USA. It's a vast country that I still hardly feel like I know, but I've had a fun three-and-a-half weeks. I've been to San Francisco, Marin County, Boston, Philadelphia, and of course up-and-down all of New York. Currently I'm occupying myself by seeing as many Broadway shows as possible, following the example of Jellyfish. I'll try and give a run-down of those tonight, after I see the final musical on my itinerary, a gigantic affair entitled 'The Pirate Queen'. Hmmm. We'll see how that goes.
The GREAT AMERICAN JUNK FOOD EXPERIMENT post never eventuated, but let's just say I've had a fun time doing research, discovering a few weird food-stuffs in the process. (Twizzlers, anyone?)
I'll post again a bit later, but for now, as they say in this country - um - bye!
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2014 (105)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- In Which Nothing Is Said, And Great Deal Isn't Imp...
- A Serious Case Of Conceptual Pornography Art
- Post Made For The Purposes Of A Pun
- Honest Spam
- Off Topic
- Stuff Wot I Have Read
- An Explanation of un-Australianess.
- A Cultural Evening
- Slam Sham
- Dude Food Blogging
- The Seven Derangements of Doctor Arturo Quar
- My Charity Is Bigger Than Your Charity
- Craptitude Test
- In My Humble Opinions
- Celebrity Dog? Give Me Snowy Anyday...
- A Possible Solution To Our Energy Woes
- The Fable of the Largely Unsatisfying Fable
- Headlines Spotted
- A Pointless Story
- Esq Train, Third Gutter on the Left
- Whale of a Time
- Life is Change...
- The Magazine For Highly Concerned Inattentive Peop...
- Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad (In Your Pants)
- A New Lexicon For International Air Travellers
- At Narita Airport
- A Definition
- Broadway Nights and Subway Days and Matinees
- I think, therefore I Amish: Further Scintillating ...
- Great Moments In Junk Food
- Loving Expletives Redolent With Nostalgia
- Ex-Ex-Gay Comes Out Of the Closet (Again)
- Just You, Me, My Subconscious Mind, and All Those ...
- Trip to Philadelphia - a Photo Essay
- The Things On Pier 39, and other San Francisco Pic...
- A Tip on Tips
- San Franciso, in an Unpredictable Fashion
- Not Me
- ▼ March (38)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)