kidattypewriter

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Possible Solution To Our Energy Woes

SCIENTISTS have created rabbits that glow in the dark.

Geneticists in France produced the bunnies by inserting a gene from a fluorescent jellyfish into a rabbit’s egg.

They are now selling the white bunnies to research laboratories.

I got this story from Harry. It seems to me that these marvellous glow-in-the-dark bunnies would form a wonderful, environmentally-friendly solution to our energy woes, if you don't think so much about the soil erosion or the destruction of native species' habitat, and why on earth should you?


Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the future: I call it Mr Snuffles.


I think I'm going to get one of these things so I can have a night light to read books by. A strangely irritating, twitchy night-light that hops about everywhere every time I read more than two words, and keeps on eating out of the lettuce bin, true... but a night light, nonetheless. I guess if I really wanted to stop them hopping about, I could shoot them. And you can't do that with a normal night-light, can you? No. No, you can't.

Don't tell the RSPCA I said that, though. Those scoundrels just don't appreciate the torment we cultured types have to go through to read books. It's hard being literate and educated, let me tell you. Honestly, I don't know how Chaucer and Shakespeare wrote their plays without one of these glow-in-the-dark bunnies, I really don't.

11 comments:

TimT said...

Without hyphen!

get me a night light...

With hyphen!

twitchy night-light...

Without hyphen!

but a night light, nonetheless...

With hyphen!

with a normal night-light...

In the centuries to come, grammatical archeologists (if such there be) will look upon my works and despair.

prude said...

It is nothing on Mr Jumbles

I is not prejudiced, I states a fact.

prude said...

You are right TimT it is not easy being literate. However Prude thinks being educated wordwise is very important. Good communicative skills help get your message across well I thinks.

Perhaps there is a glow in the dark penguin?

TimT said...

There is, it's a penguin crossed with a jellyfish, and it's called a Penguifish. Though I prefer to call it a jellyguin.

I may be literate from time to time, but at least I pick up after myself.

Mrs Mean said...

The literacy standards in schools are going down; the Clean Up Australia campaign has worked a charm.

TimT said...

Excellent. Soon, across Australia, we will have a bunch of completely stupid students willing to do anything that Ian Kiernan or Bob Brown tells them to do. Let the greenwash begin...

Jeremy said...

Apparently they've also just released mosquitos that are resistant to malaria.

'Cos if there's one thing the world needs, it's more fucking mosquitos.

Caz said...

Ah, Jeremy, you do know that it's the mosquitos carrying malaria that kill people, right, not malaria killing mosquitos? The latter of which would not bother anyone at all.

Unfortunately it will be many years before the non-disease carrying mossies are let loose, thus, potentially bringing to an end a disease that kills a child every 30 seconds.

Unless "well intentioned" people get huffy about achieving that goal with GM mozzies, and that would not be the most perverse thing to ever happen.

Caz said...

Your night-light won't live long Tim. Not in this country. If you hear guns being cocked, do be a good lad and duck ... quickly. Promise?

TimT said...

I do know of Ratbags.com and 'The Quintessence of the Loon' - (Great title!) Thanks for the reminder, hadn't been there for a while. The fact that the story has been around for so long suggests it may be a myth, so maybe a search of Snopes is in order!

TimT said...

I can see the Green Left Weekly headlines now, Caz:

GM: MORE DANGEROUS THAN MALARIA!

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive