kidattypewriter

Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Seven Derangements of Doctor Arturo Quar

There comes a time in every bloggers existence when they whack you with details of their dreams. This is that time for this blogger*. I had the dream this morning; it's a variation on the usual 'running dream' theme that I get - I'm usually running away from somebody, and going through an enormous building that never seems to end.**

The text is largely copied from my comment on Redsaid. The title of this post, by the way, is a title for a book that once occurred to me in a dream. I don't think the book has ever been written (or will ever be written), but it was too good not to re-use.

MY DREAM

Last night I dreamed somebody was chasing me through a major department store. I can't remember why, or what happened, exactly, but there was a lot of falling curtains and breaking chairs and things like that. I got in a lift and got down to the ground floor, but then for some reason I decided to hide out from the felon chasing me on the second floor. This was a floor that only the staff were allowed on, but I thought I could blend in.

When I reached there, everyone looked at me strangely, and I ran into an English lady who looked like she was out of one of those English Department Store movies of the 1950s (I'm sure there's got to be a movie genre that fits that description). She then read out to me something that I had apparently said before:

"NOBODY TOLD ME THAT ALL I'D FIND IN THIS DEPARTMENT STORE IS VIOLENCE, ANARCHY AND DEATH!"

She then told me that I had to go to the re-education department, and I was taken by the store guards (via the lift) presumably to Room 101 to be 're-educated'. (Thankfully, at that moment, I woke up.)

Analyse THAT!

* See Comic Strip Hero's recent battle with her subconscious.

**When I was a kid I also used to dream about walking down the street in my pyjamas or naked. Why does everyone seem to have this dream? And then there was the one where I would be in a car that would drive right up the side of cliffs. Deep, man, deep.

8 comments:

Caz said...

You're making that up.

BTW - am I the only person in the world who doesn't have dreams of walking down the street naked?

Do poor starving Africans dream of walking down the street fully clothed?

Or of just walking down an actual street.

Anonymous said...

Technically, I'm not sure how many of these details were from the dream and how many I added in after waking up to make it more interesting. I actually woke up in the middle of this, and found it so engrossing that I immediately went back to sleep to find out what happened next!

Shelley said...

Is it the fleeing dream or the flying dream [or both] that's supposed to mean something sexual?

I don't have the naked-in-public dreams but I suspect that that has something to do with my parents being, um, rather open with nudity and sexuality. I am, however, scarred for life...

TimT said...

Not sure. I've never had the flying dream, although the 'driving in cars up cliffs' dream is perhaps a variant of it.

Shelley said...

'driving in cars up cliffs' strikes me as a very futile attempt at a sex dream. Is there anything you'd like to share with the class, Timmy?

TimT said...

Class?

Caz said...

Neither fleeing nor flying dreams are sexual, well, unless there's a big snake running / flying along beside you, I guess.

Do you get bogged when driving up the cliffs Timmy?

TimT said...

I don't have that dream much anymore, and it's usually other people that are driving me, so Freud probably has something to say about that. But I'd say it just reflects the fact that I had the dream a lot when I was a kid, and even now I'm MUCH too lazy to drive.

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive