Pessimistic Thoughts For The Day.
1. There's nothing like a little accident to really give you perspective on life. If a lion eats both of your legs, for instance, you'll find yourself thinking, 'Shit. I really wish this lion hadn't eaten my legs!'
Getting your eyes burnt out with hot coals would piss you off, too.
2. In the morning, the sun was shining, and Jeffrey muttered, "Things can't get any worse than this." In the afternoon he lost two of his hands, so that showed how wrong he was.
3. It looks like things are going to be pretty bad from here on in.
4. There's usually someone worse off than yourself. Not always, though.
5. One morning, Patrick woke up and said, "Today is the first day for the rest of my life!" Two minutes later he was dead.
6. Some people die smiling, but that's usually because they've swallowed strycchnine.
7. The train smelled faintly of urine.
8. If somebody laughs, they're probably having hysterics. Call the doctor!
9. One afternoon, Jeremy discovered he had smallpox. All of a sudden, an asteroid collided into Australia, and everybody died except him.
Some people have all the luck!
10. Some people feel pain. Some people are masochists and can take pleasure in their own pain. Then again, some people are ultra-masochists, and take pain in their taking pleasure in their own pain.
Life is truly a vale of tears.
11. Life is truly a rich tapestry of experience. If the doctor tells you you have leprosy, and it can not be cured, for instance, you'll be devastated. But when your nose drops off, you'll be really bloody irritated, too.
12. Today is the worst day for the rest of your life.
13. Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry, and you've probably taken a little too much prozac.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- Thomson and Thompson
- The Little Book of Depression
- It's Guaranteed to Close On Page Four
- On Still Not Winning The Cholmondeley
- Class Bore
- Rhetorical Pictures
- Jerk Choices
- That's Not a Television Station, That's An Acronym...
- Five Reasons Other Than Obsession To Read S J Pere...
- Enough Grope
- More Hard Hitting Photo Journalism
- Hard Hitting Photo Journalism
- Confess! You've Been Using That Carbon-Based Energ...
- Benefacto, Benefactee, Benefactum
- Unquotes of Note
- Urinetown, the newspaper
- Reader to Writer - Untitle That Book!
- Saturday Book Review: The Narnian
- Breaking News
- To Dream The Impossible Dream
- No Money Back Guarantee
- Dilemma In Porcelain
- One person Freudian word association
- A Review of two Marx Brothers films
- Coming soon, to an ocular pleasure parlour near me...
- Office Worker Blues
- A Bracing Statement of Authorial Intent
- The Horse Is Sick
- "Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3 ..."
- Breaking News
- Gorillas In The Must
- Budget Fails Crucial Joe Smith Test
- Raymond Chandler
- But Wait! There's Less!
- Kodak Picture Machine And Juliet - A Minimalist Mo...
- Rhymes For Poems About Anxiety
- Spenserian Spelling Of the Day
- Seen In A Bookshop
- Literate Literary Criticism
- Light Blogging
- Two Things
- Encounters With The Square Root of Two
- Good News for 86
- ▼ May (47)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)