Go here for a Microsoft Word version. Answers published in a day or two.
*(And, paradoxically, last.)
1. Moving your vowels can be a moving experience. (Though it can also make you feel really crappy.)
6. I’m a craven coward, Peter’s a craven idiot, and this guy’s a craven film director.
8. Metallic flea, backwards.
10. Turn the estimated time of arrival upside down, inside out, on its head, drag it through the past tense into the present tense, and serve. With cream.
11. Really dumb word I just used for filler. It’s both off topic, and backwards!
12. There’s a speleologist in the mica vestry – shoot him, Reverend!
14. A book section in brief, but not necessarily a brief section in the book. (Yep – it’s another stupid filler word.)
16. This guy is in love, Kate, in reverse. Talk about saucy!
18. Mm! She’s in madam!
19. “Sir is mixed up, and also confused.”
“Shut up, Jeeves!”
Sir also appears to be turning into a respected spiritual teacher.”
“I said shut up!”
20. I think I’ll just take a spot of afternoon repose on the mountain.
2. “Something in that man, Ichabod, is crazy!”
“That’s a really bad clue!”
3. The indebted person is hiding in the shower.
4. Up the ante by tidying the ante up, you CLEAN FREAK!
5. He sat on a tack, and started a war. (Wouldn’t you?)
7. There cat is in the silo becoming threshed up. But do let’s be philosophical about it.
9. “Something’s got into the driver! He’s drowning us all!”
“Glug – glug – glug…”
13. The figures read the same backwards and forwards. Fucking palindromes!
15. I joined her, ere today, at this very spot.
17. There’s a person in Survivor, and I can read her back to front.
Next week: the WTFF Findaturd, where I publish a bunch of over-obvious words in a 10 by 10 table, and you all throw cow-pats at the computer screen.
UPDATE! - Click on the image to be taken to the crossword solution.