Performances of 'Oxford English Dictionary: the T-Shirt' to start tomorrow!
'Oxford English Dictionary: the T-shirt' is due to open for performances on Broadway (Broadway, Sydney, that is) tomorrow, in what is certainly the most underanticipated dramatic show since the 'If you can read this, you are too sober t-shirt' of two years previous.
The t-shirt will be worn by artist Miles Frankly, who has previously appeared in short-running t-shirts, including 'Le Mis: the t-shirt', 'The Producers: the t-shirt', 'I'm with stupid: the t-shirt', 'Fcuk: the t-shirt' and the groundbreaking 'I am wearing a t-shirt' t-shirt that first appeared several months ago, which drew attention to the performativity of masculine cultural traditions, as well as t-shirts.
'Oxford English Dictionary: the T-shirt' will be three acts in duration, with an intermission after the second act, and 58 kilometres in length (63 if the T-shirt goes into later editions).
Attendees at performances of the T-shirt will have full access to the snack bar, and T-shirt related merchandise, such as book, program, the soundtrack of the T-shirt, and t-shirts commemorating the T-shirt, not to mention peanuts.
The production team behind the T-shirt includes sound, lighting, a 70-piece orchestra, fashion designers, 40 t-shirt artistes especially shipped over from the sweatshops of North Korea, 10 etymologists, 5 philologists, two representatives from the RSPCA, one Freudian doctor, and our much-loved Scottish Terrier, Blinky.
The production takes after the bestselling Melbourne performance, 'Oxford English Dictionary: The cheesecake', sold in European delis from one corner of St Kilda to the other. Tickets for performances of the T-shirt go on sale today. Why not buy one for your mother?
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2016 (54)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- Santa Horror!
- International House
- To be au fart with the fait
- Art with a social message
- My derring do don't do it for you anymore
- Jane Austen for Prime Minister!
- Meditations in the bored room
- Attention, dictators
- The Personals
- Review of a bargain bin book
- A record of non-existent people I have met
- Cryptic, Craptic, Craptacular!
- The alphabet, from H to K!
- Rise up! Rise up, my pretty vending machines!
- Pie of disappointment: an aphorism
- Pocket beagles and mitten beagles
- Very commonplace book
- There's a grevillea in the marginilia!
- Critics? Pah! What do they know?!!
- On being mistaken for Jane Austen characters...
- I can't staaaaaaaaaaaaaand it!
- Extra! Artxe!
- Sit down for your rights!
- A most generous offer
- Applications for the position of Me have now close...
- Minimalist Literature and Maximalist Literature
- Homage to the unknown novel
- I am declared a twitty whiner...
- ▼ August (33)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)