kidattypewriter

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I can't staaaaaaaaaaaaaand it!

"Here I stand," said Martin Luther. "I can do no other."

But how could he have stood there when he didn't know where the there that he was standing was? Perhaps he should have called the Australian Workplace Authority which tells you to "Know Where You Stand". But even if they had told him where he stood, maybe they were just judging where he stood from where they stood without ever really knowing where they stood in the first place.

Perhaps they could have found out where they stood by Standing For Their Rights, along with the union who were standing in for them, but perhaps a stand off would have developed, which would certainly have been difficult to stand. It's certainly hard to come to any understanding of this issue, especially when you don't know what you're standing under, or why you're standing under it in the first place.

And then, there is always the danger that if they stood up, they would have hit their head on whatever it was that they were standing under, which would have hurt. Maybe they should have stood down, though then the problem arises, who are they standing down, and what have they done to deserve standing down? Perhaps they could have avoided responsibility by having a stand in, but that's not a possibility that many people are willing to stand for.

It's all terribly confusing, and on the whole, I'm not sure why I raised it in the first place. Bahhh! This is why I don't talk about politics.

12 comments:

Shelley said...

I Know You Planned It
I'm Gonna Set It Straight, This Watergate
I Can't Stand Rocking When I'm In Here
Because Your Crystal Ball Ain't So Crystal Clear
So While You Sit Back and Wonder Why
I Got This Fucking Thorn In My Side
Oh My, It's A Mirage
I'm Tellin' Y'all It's Sabotage


Yeah, thanks.

TimT said...

Nailpolish 'Beasty' Blues at the microphone, ladies and gentlemen.

Shelley said...

*bows

You did it on purpose, right?

Shelley said...

I think that makes it worse.

M L Jassy said...

Are you two having a Mexican stand-off?

tdix said...

Maybe Luther had to stand because he didn't know where to take the seat.

Jo said...

If only he'd walked through Brunswick the other day.

TimT said...

Luther obviously caught public transport at peak hour. Maybe someone was asking him to get out of the doorway.

"Here I stand: I can do no other!"

Shelley said...

Only the usual, Mitzy.

Anonymous said...

As you probably know...

TimT said...

The civil rights sit-downs in American public transport are my favouritest protests ever. There's something deliciously modern about the idea of sitting down for your rights.

Oh, not to mention the fact that they were Very Important, etc.

Rosa Parks rocks!

Anonymous said...

Pleased to hear you're also a fan.

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive