There are millions of people in this world who are disgruntled. And just look at all these news stories! Students disgruntled... disgruntled police officers... disgruntled with your child... Disgruntled investors... disgruntled fans...
This catalogue of disgruntledness, this list of horrors, leads us all to ask, how did all these people get disgruntled in the first place? What is the root cause of all this disgruntledness? It is impossible to tell how many people around you may be disgruntled. Maybe you are disgruntled, too. What's it like? Tell the world about your disgruntledness. Maybe it will make you feel better.
Most importantly, what can we do to gruntle everyone again? We need a Federal Minister of Gruntling to get onto this problem, we need a UN inquiry into the cause of Disgruntledness, we need an International Conference on Behalf of the Regruntling of the world! We need to start gruntling - straight away!
While we're on these important matters, what about that chap in the Keats poem who is 'Alone and palely loitering'? How is it possible to 'palely loiter'? Isn't that another way of saying that you 'loiter in a pale manner'? If it's possible to 'palely loiter', it must be possible also to 'crimsonly loiter' and 'vermillionly loiter'. Plus, if you can 'loiter palely', perhaps you can be 'pale and loiterish', too. What on earth was Keats talking about?
A person got to this blog (hi!) googling for 'Food that grows hair'. I'm glad that somebody has finally got onto this problem.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2016 (53)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- Screw the government!
- Fastest underwear in the west
- Groundbreaking literary analysis
- The Workplace Chronicles, book 7, verses 1 - 4
- Insect philosophy
- Ladies and gentlemen, my father
- Collect each one in the series!
- "I am thinking of bees... "
- The man who turned into a post-office box
- Hello everyone
- Verily, Agatha
- More sneers
- Small talk
- Terrors of the natural world...
- Speaking of collanders
- Mercy is for the squeak
- An open message to all Drunkards
- The wide word of animals
- Some of their drivers enjoy high-speed duels!
- Some Mr Men books for the modern generation
- A call to action
- Modify that dangler!
- Incomplete catalogue of sneers: an excerpt
- The war against the pumpkins
- ▼ October (26)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)