Or, not a good saying
Why does the saying 'it goes without saying', and the 'it' that 'goes without saying' never actually go without saying?
Does the answer to this go without saying? Or could it actually be said that the thing that is said to 'go without saying' must actually go with some saying, so that to say 'it goes without saying' is to say something false - or, that is, to lie?
What is the answer? Can you say it without going 'it goes without saying'?
Quick, tell me! Before a roaming grammar hoodie splits my infinitive!
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- Cranky panky
- Monday night question
- A discourse on a discursive matter
- Cleaning products
- Can I have my double entendre quadrupled, please?
- Bon wot
- The Bulletin closing down! A pointless, gossipy me...
- Big poo sham
- Tuesday morning objectification of puffins!
- Existential despair
- Conan the Annoyer
- An incompleat hiftory of wonderful thingf
- Ecological transport
- Bloody Johnson
- Whenever you say "I don't believe in fairy bread",...
- How to tell if your work colleague is a Care Bear
- A glare bear
- Godwin is dead! We have killed him!
- Anagrams I have encountered recently
- Gritty realism
- Sunday Grymnal
- Politically committed reviews of children's shows ...
- Hapless new year
- Fleas, please
- The diet to end all diets
- ▼ January (25)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)