Well, those who want an example of the corruption of the public service under the government of Tony Blair and Gordon Brown need look no further than the Postman Pat. Ostensibly an innocent character who drives around the sunny northern English town of Greendale with his black-and-white cat, Jess, Pat is in fact a corrupt bureaucrat forever take unproductive cups of tea with Mrs Goggins. (As we never see Mr Goggins, we have to assume that she is divorced, and has contributed to the shocking breakdown of the family under the eye of Prime Minister Blair.)
While Pat's friendliness with the village vicar, and his general commitment to community and the English Way of Life is to be commended, it is clear that not all is well in the British Postal Services. The Tory Party hereby calls for an inquiry into the idle, thriftless activities of Pat, the amount of public funds that go into the making of his cups of tea, and his fraternising with decadent characters such as the unmarried Goggins woman. (We also have concerns that Jess may be eating the British red squirrel, but we'll let that slide for the moment.)
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2016 (55)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- Cranky panky
- Monday night question
- A discourse on a discursive matter
- Cleaning products
- Can I have my double entendre quadrupled, please?
- Bon wot
- The Bulletin closing down! A pointless, gossipy me...
- Big poo sham
- Tuesday morning objectification of puffins!
- Existential despair
- Conan the Annoyer
- An incompleat hiftory of wonderful thingf
- Ecological transport
- Bloody Johnson
- Whenever you say "I don't believe in fairy bread",...
- How to tell if your work colleague is a Care Bear
- A glare bear
- Godwin is dead! We have killed him!
- Anagrams I have encountered recently
- Gritty realism
- Sunday Grymnal
- Politically committed reviews of children's shows ...
- Hapless new year
- Fleas, please
- The diet to end all diets
- ▼ January (25)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)