SHOCK! CONCERNS OF MEDIA MISREPRESENTATION IN THE MEDIA!
As you've probably heard by now, there are growing concerns that the media may be being increasingly misrepresented in the media. Several media figures have come forward in the past day to complain about their wilful misrepresentation by several other media figures, who also claim to have been misrepresented. But are these claims of the media (being misrepresented) being misrepresented (by the media)? Or are these media figures fairly representing the unfair misrepresentations by other media figures? And what does this all mean for democracy in Australia?
To find out, we asked several respected media figures.
LENTIL MCLENTIL, COMMUNITY JOURNALIST: These claims of media misrepresentation of the mainstream media by community journalists are complete misrepresentations of the truth.
JONES FOTHERINGTON-MONEYBAGS, MAINSTREAM MEDIA EXECUTIVE: Claims of mainstream media misrepresentation made by community journalists are misrepresented claims, that's what. And any misrepresentations to the contrary are misrepresented misrepresentations, that's right!
PYJAMAS SMITH, BLOGGER: A number of misleading comments have been made by the mainstream media in the past couple of months regarding the amount of cat photographs I publish on my blog. I would like to say here and now that these misleading claims about my fondness for cat photographs on my blog are completely misleading. I publish much more cat photos than they suggest.
While the debate about media representation of the media is unlikely to be settled soon, it is worth asking, can the media do anything to change widespread perceptions of bias against the media? A number of prominent media figures who claim to have been misrepresented by other media figures are calling for an investigation into their misrepresentation by other media figures Hard-hitting current affairs programs have come out with incisive analysis of their misrepresentation by other hard-hitting current affairs programs, who have hit back with incisive analysis of their own. Respected newspaper pollsters have published revealing polls of other pollsters in the process of publishing revealing polls of their own, and their verdict is unanimous: all other polls into media misrepresentation of the media are misguided misrepresentations of the real misrepresentations. However, all sides come together to agree forcefully that the other side is wrong.
It is hard to know where to go from here. Many prominent media executives little known outside their respective companies are calling for the sacking of many other prominent media executives, little known outside their respective companies, too. However, other media figures are calling for moderation and restraint, and would simply like to see the misrepresentation of the media by other media to be misrepresented in a more fair way. Some Government-funded media sources, meanwhile, are claiming that they will need more Government funding in order to find out ways to improve their misrepresentation of other media sources. Other Government sources disagree, arguing that the misrepresentation of other media sources is a private responsibility and should not be performed on the public purse.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- The link that should have stayed missing
- Braking News!
- The film with the big titulars
- My day, experienced as a series of mathematical eq...
- Currently suffering from unitary personality disor...
- Snortripping yarns!
- Two poems inspired by blog comments
- Possible definition of obsession
- A blogger's review of real life
- Tip for the day
- Isn't science fun!
- An unprejudiced survey of far left opinion
- The ordinary in wild and savage contrast with the...
- Homer is where the heater is
- Games for the neurotic generation
- Sunday Essay: the significance of cows in modern l...
- Six word review
- Cigars all round
- And they didn't even pinch a handkerchief
- And you thought you had it bad
- My whole day, in halfs
- ▼ June (22)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)