kidattypewriter

Friday, August 01, 2008

Two poems about clouds

Today, I looked out the window at work over the Docklands and saw the clouds, and seeing the clouds, found myself writing three poems and four playlets, all about clouds.

'Today' is the operative word there.

It's been quiet at work for the past two weeks, and I choose today, Friday, the only busy day for ages, to get inspired. Meh, that's life.

FIRST POEM ABOUT CLOUDS
"And stay up there"

When I look
Into the air
I think 'so many
Clouds up there!

'If I rolled
Them into one,
They must weigh
TEN FREAKING TONNES!'

It's jolly nice
They don't all fall
All for one,
Or one for all.'

It's not so bad,
A little rain.
But all at once?
Now that's a pain!

SECOND POEM ABOUT CLOUDS
"An Irish groundsman foreesees his death, or rather, he doesn't"

I know that I shall meet my fate
Somewhere below the clouds above.
(I'll say more at a later date.)

(Although, of course, you never know
Perhaps I'll cark it on a plane,
Somewhere above the clouds below!)

6 comments:

TimT said...

Test.

TimT said...

I don't know how I did it - indeed, I suspect I didn't do it - but this blog post currently has two comment links, folks!

Make use of it while you can! I suggest leaving unqualified praise in the first commenting field, and insults and vitriol in the second.

Shelley said...

Hey, that's pretty cool.

TimT said...

Mystery solved - it's an untitled blog post I accidentally created.

I'll leave it there as a memorial of the time that was. Or sumfing.

Shelley said...

Unsolved mysteries are so much nicer.

TimT said...

Well, there's always the illusion. I guess I figured that if anyone was to get vindictive pleasure out of showing what a clumsy fool I'd been,
that someone might as well be me.

I think I'll keep it there as a defacto comments box for this blog post anyway.

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive