kidattypewriter

Friday, October 31, 2008

Ice-cream the world!


According to this analogy, a vote for Barack Obama is like voting for the kid in the class room elections who promises everyone ice-cream. Oh, man, I wish - I'd totally cast my vote for the ice-cream party....

QUOTES FROM BARACK OBAMA: MAN OF ICE-CREAM!

Ice-cream doesn't come from Washington. Ice-cream comes to Washington.

Ice-cream will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the ice-cream that we seek.

I was drawn to the power of the African American religious tradition to spur social ice-cream.

I will never forget that the only reason I'm standing here today is because somebody, somewhere stood up for me when it was risky. Stood up when it was hard. Stood up when it wasn't popular. And because that somebody stood up, a few more stood up. And then a few thousand stood up. And then a few million stood up. And standing up, with courage and clear purpose, they somehow managed to ice-cream the world.

A vote for Barack Obama is a vote for ice-cream!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can imagine a whole lot of little Obama placards - "I Scream for Ice Cream!"

There would be witty political columnists likening Obama to a choc top - brown on the outside, but is he a whitey underneath?

Big rallies where people would sway to the sound of "Greensleeves".

Unfortunately you may get promised a gelato, but what you'll get delivered is dog's poo a la Coogee Bay Hotel. Dog Poo in gelato story

Some may consider that typical of a political icecream.

-Maria

TimT said...

Inevitably splits in the ice-cream coalition would emerge - between the 'gelato is good enough' party and the 'give me ice-cream or give me death' faction.

Caz said...

So long as it's Mr Whippy soft serve he's got my vote.

If it's a neapolitan family block, well, it might not be a good enough policy plank to sway me.

Caz said...

Can he successfully make all scoops look the same size?

We'll know soon, very soon.

TimT said...

I think Neapolitan ice-block would be very appealing: it gets across Obama's multicultural message so well!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://letsw.com/2j][b]uggs boots sale[/b][/url]
st4714 [url=http://www.giorgo.net/url/kvqky][b]uggs boots sale[/b][/url]
ou9254 [url=http://i.phang.org/iy][b]ugg boots[/b][/url]
lc6753 [url=http://qvak.me/g8][b]sale uggs[/b][/url]
ko8750 [url=http://s.jobnavy.com/8NAks][b]cheap ugg boots sale[/b][/url]
eu8628

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive