10 quick questions to test your musical knowledge!
1. How would you describe your musical talent?
a) I have relative pitch
b) I have absolute pitch.
c) I have cricket pitch.
2. What is your favourite style of musical performance?
c) Affogatto - hold the sugar.
3. What operatic genre is La Traviata written in?
4. Why was Schubert's Unfinished?
a) The same reason as Mozart's Requiem.
b) He couldn't Handel it.
c) He was unable to buy the equipment at the local mechanics.
5. You can have a polyphonic sonata, but not a sonata polyphonic. Why?
a) Cars are not ring tones.
b) Duh! A sonata is the name for an instrumental piece of music that is structured according to certain classical rules, and polyphony is merely the term for several melodies being played at once!
c) Telstra are working on it.
6. Why hymns but not hers?
a) Beats me, the entire congregation sings them.
b) Um, something to do with choirboys?
7. Conductors - who is the greatest?
a) Toscanini, the Italian conductor.
b) Boulez, the French conductor.
c) Muggins, the traffic conductor for Sydney Road at the corner of Bell Street, Moreland.
8. What is the best thing to do with scales?
a) Chopin, ascending
b) The Mephisto Waltz, descending.
c) Lock them away before you can use them, and get the apple pie out of the fridge for breakfast.
9. Out of these three listed instruments, what is the most advanced, culturally and mechanically?
c) The bathroom pipes.
10. Of the following things, what would Ludwig van Beethoven find the least abhorrent if he were alive today?
KEY! You scored -
Mostly As - there's hope for you yet!
Mostly Bs - no idea, I'm working on this one.
Mostly Cs - Hmmm. If you think legato is a type of pasta, and your closest contact with Mozart was when you drove a friend's Hyundai Sonata one time, you may have a little more to learn yet ...
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2016 (53)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- ► 2009 (290)
- Ice-cream the world!
- Zimbalkavietnovietunionisation , the economic theo...
- Review of a cereal program, in two parts
- Important points to consider
- Inclusive and happy song for colour-blind people
- Culture jamming
- Somebody send for the Zeppelin man!
- Our new marketing scheme is nuts, not to mention c...
- Subversive plus permissive equals submissive!
- Unhappy chappy
- Draw your own conclusions
- Advice to Politicians
- Occasioned for the prime
- That wonderful, all purpose food product, mostly u...
- Poem for the day
- How to get into arguments with inanimate objects
- "Media" "Watch"
- Laxatives for leftists
- If public transport ran time travel...
- A little talk about death
- I couldn't be prouder
- Overcrowding on the trains
- Amazing technological developments!*
- One talking aping two - thoughts on some poetry by...
- The music quiz!
- Very awesome, that's what
- Interesting people who you probably haven't heard ...
- ▼ October (29)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)