kidattypewriter

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Overcrowding on the trains

I've just been in a place... a mysterious and wonderful place! It was the train.

No matter how many people got off this particular train, it still remained as full as it had been before they got off. People just sort of... expanded out to fill the vacancies that the departing passengers had left. Maybe they spontaneously multiplied while I was looking in the other direction - I wouldn't put anything past your average Melbourne commuter.

Like the proverbial cup that you drink and you drink and you drink and you drink from, never managing to empty it, I am convinced that this train had similar magical properties.

*Exits to Twilight Zone music*

5 comments:

Alexis, Baron von Harlot said...

What cup is that? I've never heard of that cup. Does it come with Ribena?

TimT said...

That's why it's proverbial. I haven't heard of it either. You can't get much more proverbial than that!

(Have just been listening to Media Watch. Hmm, is that excuse unethical? )

Alexis, Baron von Harlot said...

Better to be proverbial than antiverbial. Specially in this day and age.

TimT said...

Thus quoth the Baron! I think that is such a good phrase that it should be concluded by the Latin:

'Better to be proverbial than antiverbial', Alexis dixit.

Alexis, Baron von Harlot said...

I'm going to give this a shot, but don't come running to me if I sound like an uncouth Visigoth just waded out of the Tiber:

Proverbialis quam antiverbialis esse melior est.

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive