Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Liveblogging the Lego Inauguration
Legoland swears in mini-Barack Obama in mock inauguration
2.00 AM - Well, it's been a long time coming to this Lego inauguaration, and some commentators thought the Lego Barack Obama would never make it. Indeed, there were some anti-plastic Legos in Legoland who insisted that Lego Barack Obama was not a real Lego at all, but a human Barack Obama masquerading as a Lego one. Thankfully, Legos have accepted Barack Obama as their president, and it's clear that this inauguration is a positive step forward for plastic people everywhere.
2.10 AM - And just look at the sea of Lego faces out there. Plastic people from all four corners of the plastic world have gathered here today for this historic moment (so historic, in fact, that it will be repeated over and over again in Legoland for the next few years).
2.15 AM - Terrible! The head of the Lego chief justice has just fallen off during the swearing in! What a bungler! But kudos to Lego Barack Obama, he's paused to let the chief justice retrieve his head. If he's troubled by this mistake, he's not showing it. And as he reaches down to pick up his head, he continues reciting the oath of office.
2.20 AM - Now for the bit everyone's been anticipating. The Lego Barack Obama delivers an inspiring speech to the crowds of waiting Lego Americans. For a plastic toy, he's such an effective speaker! And he's promising to do everything in his power to help rebuild the Lego nation. He says he'll 'put Lego building block on top of Lego building block', and use 'all the latest Lego toy trucks and cars and trains' until the task is done. Inspiring!
2.40 AM - Now he's spoken with the Lego George and Laura Bush. And just look at the plastic smiles on their Lego faces! Come to think of it, George's smile looks a little bit faded. Is it possible that his Lego attendants have had to texta the smile back on his plastic face for this important ceremony?
2.45 AM - It's done!
Lego Barack Obama will now go to work in the Lego Oval office, right in between the little Lego knight dude fighting the Lego dragon, and the Lego guys in space. Huzzah!
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2014 (112)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- Two interesting little words
- The lunch they have when they don't have lunch
- The bitter butter nutter
- Fashion tips from Tim
- Ladies and gentlemen, please be upstanding
- Literary criticism as a medical condition
- Yes, we still did
- Schmuck Friday
- The state of state poetry
- Multiple bipolar personality disorder
- Liveblogging the Lego Inauguration
- Words that will make transcribers across the natio...
- Haecceity! Pardon me!
- World of Warcraft limericks
- DIY Passive Aggression
- Worst thieves ever
- Always take the whether with you...
- Two essays, two words
- Sharon Gould's book of words
- The New Yorker book of numbers
- My meaningless, consumer driven life!
- What's the difference between discomfort and pain?...
- Terrible news for sex!
- Seven ways to say "Happy New Year"
- ▼ January (24)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)