kidattypewriter

Monday, January 05, 2009

My meaningless, consumer driven life!

Some random facts about my mobile phone...

It has really crappy predictive text. Is hard to manouevre around as it doesn't have arrow buttons. Runs out of power really quickly. Tells you where you are, but more often than not lies. Doesn't so much as ring, but whispers quietly in the corner in a high-pitched voice, hoping someone will notice it. Also, its so hard to hear people on the other end that if there's any background noise at all, that I usually end up a) shouting, just to make sure I can hear myself b) constructing largely imaginary conversations based on what I think people said. The results?

*Phone rings*

TIM: HELLO?

PERSON ON OTHER END: Hello Mr Train, this is about your rent that hasn't been paid yet.

TIM: HI MUM! WHAT'S THE WEATHER LIKE?

PERSON ON OTHER END: No, this is about the rent that...

TIM: OH, NOT TOO BAD. WE HAVEN'T GOT TOO MANY HOT DAYS YET, STILL FAIRLY COOL AND RAINY....

(etc, etc)

Conclusion: it could be time to get a new mobile.

2 comments:

Maria said...

I'm thinking about getting a new mobile too TimT!

Our spirits are communing.

At the moment I'm thinking about whetehr to get a cheap cheap cheap model that will probably break down fairly soon which I will continue to replace with other cheap cheap cheap models frequently, or a more expensive model that may last longer but will need updating someday and may have on it some whiz-bang features I'll never use and will also leave me out-of-pocket for some of those cheap paperback books I'd like to buy,

or try to score myself a freebie by getting locked into an expensive plan with a company for 2 years which means it isn't that cheap after all and I've been deluding myself.

So many options!

The Topiary Cow said...

The hardest thing about upgrading will be resisting the siren call of the expensive ones, that do everything, but cost a bundle.

(Cow still with cheap model)

Moo!

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive