Some of you will know, and some will have guessed, that my flat was broken into while I was out on Saturday. It was an absolutely underwhelming break-in. After, apparently, prying my bedroom window open, they checked the bedroom cupboard, missed the camera hidden under the clothes, waltzed into the living room, looked in my accordion case(!) for jewels, didn't bother taking the laptop, tried to open the door and found that the deadlock was bolted. Then I guess they must have just ducked out the bedroom window again.
Worst. Thieves. Ever. Honestly, isn't that like gate-crashing the party, but gate-crashing the wrong place at the wrong time? It's pretty lame. And if they took the trouble of breaking into my flat and ducking around, they could have at least helped themselves to some of the biscuits in the cupboard! And it only occurred to me last night, those guys didn't even wash up any of the stuff I had in my sink.
Maybe I could leave them a note next time. 'Biscuits in the cupboard, dishes in the sink. If there's any trouble, call Tim on ______'.
Still, their thieving activities have at least given me some entertainment over the last couple of days. They gave me the inspiration for a passive aggressive comment. Also, I've been exchanging emails and phone calls with the real estate agent yesterday, who've been in touch with the owner: word from the agent is 'the owner is happy for you to fit the window locks to the window.' Which is kind of funny, because, hey, 'according to the Residential Tenancies Act 1997, S208 (1)& (2): 70(1), the landlord is obliged to provide locks to secure all external doors and windows of the premises.' Negotiations are ongoing...
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- Two interesting little words
- The lunch they have when they don't have lunch
- The bitter butter nutter
- Fashion tips from Tim
- Ladies and gentlemen, please be upstanding
- Literary criticism as a medical condition
- Yes, we still did
- Schmuck Friday
- The state of state poetry
- Multiple bipolar personality disorder
- Liveblogging the Lego Inauguration
- Words that will make transcribers across the natio...
- Haecceity! Pardon me!
- World of Warcraft limericks
- DIY Passive Aggression
- Worst thieves ever
- Always take the whether with you...
- Two essays, two words
- Sharon Gould's book of words
- The New Yorker book of numbers
- My meaningless, consumer driven life!
- What's the difference between discomfort and pain?...
- Terrible news for sex!
- Seven ways to say "Happy New Year"
- ▼ January (24)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)