WASHINGTON, THURSDAY - Controversy erupted over a misplaced apostrophe in a presidential speech by the head of the known world yesterday, when President Barack Obama greeted Peterkin Punctilio, head of the 'Mid-Western Americans for Appropriate Apostrophisation Society'.
"Hi," said the President, shaking Mr Punctilio's hand. "Hows' it doing?"
Mr Punctilio heard the misplaced apostrophe but didn't immediately correct the President on it. "I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing!" he said. "I mean, clearly, this misplaced apostrophe casts doubt on the President's alleged skill at making speeches, foreign policy, health care, his ability to handle the economy, jobs, defence, and everything else."
The debate over the misplaced Presidential apostrophe has rapidly spread to all four corners of the media world, with Fox News, the New York Post, and bloggers left right and centre debating the president's fitness to lead. Whilst some have maintained that Mr Punctilio had misheard the apostrophe, others argue that the misplaced apostrophe calls into question the President's fitness to lead.
However, mainstream media agrees, Obama is a far more skilled speaker than former President, George W Bush, who once infamously misplaced two apostrophes in the course of two sentences, while speaking in a rare form of ancient Swahili sign language to leaders at an African summit, causing the entire world to rise in outrage at his outrageous mistake (which very few of them could understand.)
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- Languid lucubrations of a layabout lollard
- An open letter to the Universe
- The case of the ten-year-old poem
- I approve
- Sink the slipper into Flipper
- Not God, but almost
- Hark, hark, the cats do croak
- It's a pity the Athaneum didn't have authentic 19t...
- Saturday night isn't here
- Give us this day our daily toast
- Misspelling of the day
- Bulstrode Whitelocke
- A post that makes less sense than I do
- Bawhacky Ogaffama!
- Horrible, ugly, and with poor lighting
- Perhaps having raptures about prunes is excessive
- Alchemical transmutations you can do at home
- My novel in progress
- Nerbing a voun
- The dangers of inanimate objects
- ▼ July (22)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)