Well, a few weeks ago, I competed in the first of a series of Overload Slams and was fortunate enough to win a place in the finals. I was second on the night: and I credit my success to the poodles.
It's a complicated thing, though. The final is itself a heat for another final to be had on the weekend, so you could say that the final that I'm in is the penultimate final to another final. Then again, the final final happens on the night of September 12, and I'm not sure what the winner of that gets. I had heard somewhere - but I forget where - that you would get entrance to the Bristol poetry slam, which would mean that the final final of September might merely be the final penultimate, following on from the penultimate final, and leading up to the finalisation of the final final final. Which could be a very good, or maybe just a very very thing.
Even more confusingly, according to one page on Overload, the final (the final penultimate, I mean, not the final final final) is on:
11 September, 9pm for a 9.30 start
But according to another page, it's on:
Thursday 10th September, 9:30-11:30pm
Hmmm. Holding a Friday penultimate final on the day before Friday is very penultimate indeed. Anyone want to come to the Friday final on Thursday, or the Thursday final on the Friday? And what on earth is going on here?
Perhaps you have no idea what I'm talking about. Neither do I.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- Fiendishly complex
- Team songs for writing
- About this final thing we're having...
- How to make the universe explode
- Please rectify immediately
- Sickeningly sweet
- The aphoristic brevity of paternal pronouncements
- Mansfield Snark
- Once you have reached the end, go on
- My arts policy
- Congratulations! It's a bouncing 32 year old!
- The internet votes Labor
- Spoonerising by the light of the silvery moonerisi...
- A collection of puns looking for a reason
- The effect of the effect on the greenhouse effect ...
- The sum of its somes
- Resignation vacant
- Why I shouldn't be allowed out of the house at nig...
- This poem just writes itself, dyslexically
- Where's a good vaticide when you need one?
- Short poem on an important subject
- Ready, willing and label
- Wheely big problem
- Due to overwhelming critical acclaim, Friday will ...
- ▼ September (27)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)