kidattypewriter

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Due to overwhelming critical acclaim, Friday will now be held on a Thursday

Well, a few weeks ago, I competed in the first of a series of Overload Slams and was fortunate enough to win a place in the finals. I was second on the night: and I credit my success to the poodles.

It's a complicated thing, though. The final is itself a heat for another final to be had on the weekend, so you could say that the final that I'm in is the penultimate final to another final. Then again, the final final happens on the night of September 12, and I'm not sure what the winner of that gets. I had heard somewhere - but I forget where - that you would get entrance to the Bristol poetry slam, which would mean that the final final of September might merely be the final penultimate, following on from the penultimate final, and leading up to the finalisation of the final final final. Which could be a very good, or maybe just a very very thing.

Even more confusingly, according to one page on Overload, the final (the final penultimate, I mean, not the final final final) is on:

11 September, 9pm for a 9.30 start

But according to another page, it's on:

Thursday 10th September, 9:30-11:30pm

Hmmm. Holding a Friday penultimate final on the day before Friday is very penultimate indeed. Anyone want to come to the Friday final on Thursday, or the Thursday final on the Friday? And what on earth is going on here?

Perhaps you have no idea what I'm talking about. Neither do I.

8 comments:

Tim said...

Whenever it is/was/might be, congratulations on making it through to, uh, whatever it turns out to be.

Dan the VespaMan said...

It must be September. It appears Tim's got finals fever.

Shelley said...

Oh man, I really want a bunny. They're so cute when they're legal and sold in shops.



Also, I got a bit confused (and, you know, bunny) congratulations/condolences/luck as required.

M L Jassy said...

Nice to see even a rabbit occasionally scorns the rabbit diet. n

TimT said...

I got a mail back from the Overload guys yesterday arvo saying it was Friday, which I originally thought. So there you go.

Alexis, Baron von Harlot said...

There used to be a shop in Mittagong called Penultimate Computers. I'm guessing they thought "penultimate" had to be better than "ultimate" if it had an extra syllable.

TimT said...

Penultimate computers, the ultimate in penultimates!

BwcaBrownie said...

This could be the penultimate comment.
again:
Whenever it is/was/might be, congratulations on making it through to, uh, whatever it turns out to be.

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive