The other day I started reading The Da Vinci Code - a book that virtually no-one else I know has read, and all of them disliked, several years after they first didn't read, and disliked it. And I'm enjoying it, too. How down-to-date am I? I'm so behind the times that I can't even keep up with the prevailing opinion of several years ago. Maybe I should give Harold Robbins a try, next. I'll probably enjoy that, too.
I was going to write a whole bunch more words about the book, but I can't remember what they are at the moment. My one major gripe with TDVC so far is that it is six hundred pages, but then again, it's a short 600 pages.
What can I say? I haven't been as excited since reading Alvin Q. Purple and the Mysterious Cipher of Albuquerque as a kid.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2014 (121)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- Objection by an object
- Good old-fashioned misery
- I think therefore I ambiguous
- The reason for the absence of my reason
- Aphorism, free to go to a good home
- Brown town
- Asking little questions about big things
- Dumplings make for plumplings
- Fantastic refrigerators!
- Attention, evil masterminds
- Words you won't hear around a nudist colony
- Turn-off poetry
- Coming distractions
- Cranky old man who lives in my head
- Poetry and the sound of violence
- Dongles dingling
- Watching the television: a review
- WTFF Patriotic Edition
- Eight o'clock again
- A poetry slam
- We interrupt this regularly scheduled program to b...
- Nostalgic reminiscences inspired by recent discuss...
- On Marryat, Patrick O'Brian, and yellow underpants...
- ▼ October (24)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)