PREMIER Mike Rann has vowed to remain accessible to voters, a day after being attacked and repeatedly struck about the head with a tightly rolled magazine by a man at a Labor Party fundraiser in Adelaide...Don't mess with poets! They're just as bad as football supporters!
With obvious bruises on his face from the attack, Mr Rann yesterday said he had never met his alleged assailant and promised he would not be changing his habits because of the incident, adding it was not the first physical attack he had experienced.
"It's happened to me a couple of times before -- once at a poetry reading in 1994 and then again at a football club a few years ago," he said.
Mike Rann bruised but unbowed after attack, The Weekend Australian
Sunday, October 04, 2009
A poetry slam
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- Objection by an object
- Good old-fashioned misery
- I think therefore I ambiguous
- The reason for the absence of my reason
- Aphorism, free to go to a good home
- Brown town
- Asking little questions about big things
- Dumplings make for plumplings
- Fantastic refrigerators!
- Attention, evil masterminds
- Words you won't hear around a nudist colony
- Turn-off poetry
- Coming distractions
- Cranky old man who lives in my head
- Poetry and the sound of violence
- Dongles dingling
- Watching the television: a review
- WTFF Patriotic Edition
- Eight o'clock again
- A poetry slam
- We interrupt this regularly scheduled program to b...
- Nostalgic reminiscences inspired by recent discuss...
- On Marryat, Patrick O'Brian, and yellow underpants...
- ▼ October (24)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)