I've been doing a spot of off-blog writing actually. The way it works is this: I write stuff in my notebook, don't post it on this blog, and then wait for everyone to comment on the non-blog post that I haven't posted. For instance, just this morning, I wrote a poem addressed to my stubble, which was splendid (not the stubble, I mean, but the poem), and I'm just waiting for all of you to comment on it. I can't see how this plan will fail.
I've been preparing a bit for some upcoming events: one is my competing at the state finals for the Australian Poetry Slam, which I've been lucky enough to get into. The other is my set at the Dan O'Connell on Saturday, 7 November, in two weeks time, which should be fun (the Dan readings are always fun anyway, because a lot of poets go along and read out stuff). There's details here on Facebook, which you're all invited to. Not Facebook, I mean, but the Dan. There's less beer on facebook.
And that, folks, is the reason for the absence of my reason.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2014 (98)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- ► 2010 (288)
- Objection by an object
- Good old-fashioned misery
- I think therefore I ambiguous
- The reason for the absence of my reason
- Aphorism, free to go to a good home
- Brown town
- Asking little questions about big things
- Dumplings make for plumplings
- Fantastic refrigerators!
- Attention, evil masterminds
- Words you won't hear around a nudist colony
- Turn-off poetry
- Coming distractions
- Cranky old man who lives in my head
- Poetry and the sound of violence
- Dongles dingling
- Watching the television: a review
- WTFF Patriotic Edition
- Eight o'clock again
- A poetry slam
- We interrupt this regularly scheduled program to b...
- Nostalgic reminiscences inspired by recent discuss...
- On Marryat, Patrick O'Brian, and yellow underpants...
- ▼ October (24)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)