A haiku is a traditional Japanese form of poetry, consisting of 17 syllables in three lines.
A senryu is a traditional Japanese form of poetry, similar to a haiku.
A rooku is a Melbourne variation invented by those people who responsible for putting up the horrible poetry in the trains.
I propose an addition to this list:
A fucyu - a traditional Australian form of poetry, consisting of 17 syllables in three lines. All of the syllables except for the last one/two/three consist of swear words, and the last part of the fucyu consists of a person's name!
Other new possibilities in verse:
The grimerick - a limerick on particularly grim subjects.
The coupling rhymlet - just like a rhyming couplet, only pornographic.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2017 (36)
- ► 2016 (71)
- ► 2015 (106)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- My friend Bill
- New possibilities in verse
- I think that I know that I think that I am
- A meeting with celebrity
- Happy Austria Day!
- Proverbial proverbs
- Butter is better #9771
- Glowerful! Sneeriffic!
- An announcement
- Reading is dangerous for your health
- Thirteenth century poem written about five minutes...
- Could this be the most pathetically ordinary perso...
- Splitting the indifference
- A fruity post
- Battle of wits
- There's a frigidaire in there
- Artistic moments
- Avatar brief
- ▼ January (19)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)