kidattypewriter

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

We wish you a merry pilchard

I like that story in Luke where Jesus wanders back to the disciples after he's been resurrected, and while they're looking on quite gobsmacked, he asks them if they've got something to eat, whereupon they bring out a fish. It makes sense. The man's just died and been resurrected. Of course he's going to want some food in his stomach.

So technically speaking, this would make Easter the season of fish, not chocolate: a time to send family members and friends little packages of pilchards. A time for kids to go on herring hunts, and work colleagues to gather around bowls packed to the brim with snappers. A time for families all over the world to savour the simple flavours of jellied eels and kippers.

I can't for the life of me figure out why things didn't turn out this way.

Anyway, this fish festival the Baron and Harriet and Bea and I will be driving up to Bright for a couple of days. So I probably won't be updating for a while. (Or then again, maybe I will anyway.) I hope you all have a good Easter, folks. In the meantime, I leave you all with this inspiring and appropriate Biblical quotation:
On Salt
Salt is good; but if the salt becomes unsalty, with what will you make it salty again?
Mark 9:50.
Timeless wisdom. Just timeless. And still so deeply, deeply relevant to our present day predicament. See y'all later!

1 comment:

Irobot said...

Chocolate or jellied eels. Now there's a tough choice.

Email: timhtrain - at - yahoo.com.au

eXTReMe Tracker

Blog Archive