I had an idea for a blog post, but I forgot it. It would have been a really good blog post, too. I don't think I'm exaggerating too much to say that it would have been the single most hilarious blog post you ever read. But it would have been sad, also, and you would have looked at it, and nodded to yourself, and thought how poignant and transient everything in life is. It would have been a thoughtful blog post, whatever it was going to be about, but it would also have been a wonderfully light-hearted, whimsical and quirky take on life. Even though you may not have noticed it at the time*. All in all, I think it's safe to say that you would have been impressed by that blog post, perhaps not while you were reading the blog post, but later. If I remember what the idea was, I'll be sure to let you know.
Instead, you're stuck with this blog post, which is nothing much really. I mean, this is the sort of blog post that, if you wrote it, you wouldn't let other people know about it. It's a up-to-not-much blog post. It's a nothing-impressive-as-such blog post. I mean, it's a bit of a blip, really, as blog posts go. It is pretty dull, though not, unfortunately, so dull as to be one of the dullest blog posts in the world featuring on the dullest blog in the world, which are all really, excessively dull to such a superlative extent that it they are, in their own way, little art forms of dullness, and therefore, ironically, quite entertaining and perfect in their own way. No, this blog post is more your ordinary, mediocre form of dullness, which is just dully dull, in a dulling way. Sorry.
So this is just a post about the post that I didn't write, written to distract your attention from the post that I did write, but didn't write about, which was this post.
*I mean, it may have involved a pun like 'If you make a Swiss roll by pushing it off the hill, do you do the same thing with sausages'? But it would have stated this pun in such an exquisitely delicate way, with such perfect comic timing, that you would have been rolling** in the aisles, which in this case would probably have been your chair, with laughter. You really should regret my not writing that post.
**I'm not sure if you would have been 'rolling in the aisles' like sausages or Swiss people. But that's hardly the point, is it?
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2015 (93)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- Deadlines? I spit on deadlines!
- Ignoring the behemothian beam in my own ocular cav...
- Working-class interlude
- Prepare to enter the temple of poorly-thought-out ...
- Issue two!
- They'll be big twits, too
- Wonders of Australian geography!
- Let's have a little torque
- In memory of the unremembered
- Word word word word word word picture
- Train trip haiku
- Never underestimate misunderestimation
- If people were like cats
- Thoughts after attending the book launch of Miscel...
- On the relephance of elephants
- The day the day off took the day off
- I do like a good fnargle
- Art criticism
- Water way to run a station
- ▼ April (23)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)