You'll have heard by now of Kevin Rudd. He's the guy with the biggest nation-building biggest renewable-energy planning biggest school modernisation programming biggest reform-since-Medicaring biggest social-housing expanding biggest global-economic-crisis wrestling biggest investment-in-cancering biggest Defence-project-undertaking biggest solar-generating-plant-building biggest telescope-building Government in Australia. The only other thing he and the rest of the Government could do to achieve the biggest bigliness in the big area of bigliness would be to be the biggest bigamists in Australia, too. And, you know, maybe they're working on that.
Still, all this big-hearted bigliness opens up a clear line of attack for the Opposition. They could promise to undertake the most medium-sized nation-building program in Australia! Begin the most moderate school modernisation program in the country! They could strive to achieve any number of neither-particularly-large-nor-particularly-small achievements in health, defence, education, and perform a certain-but-not-too-large-amount-of-activity in the general areas of middleness! In short, they could present themselves as an alternative Government with the biggest amount of middling plans for this country, and for the world.
After all, John Howard always said that political parties should underpromise and overdeliver. They could go one better: overunderpromise, and underoverdeliver.
It would certainly give Rudd something to worry, in a sort-of way, about.
Tim, your links stink, you fink!
- John Bangsund's Threepenny Planet
- Broken Biro
- Poetry 24
- Superlative scribbles
- Kirstyn McD!
- Rorrim a tsomla almost a mirror
- More Sterne
- Cam the man from the Dan.
- Too hot to Raaaaaaandallllllll!
- Erin's Excellently Everlasting Effervescements!
- Slammy Infamy
- Hail Paco!
- Baron Blandwagon, purveyor of cyberbunnies, hawker of Roger Corman, and Misruler of the Multiverse
- The Bolta. Aiyeeeeee!!!!!
- Bad Apple Audrey
- The cartoon church
- Sir Martinkus
- A Zemblanian abroad and at home
- A hodge podge of hotzeplotz
- THE SLAMMA!
- Jottlesby's nottings, or should that be Nottlesby's jottings?
- The Snarking of the Hunt
- Jazzy Hands
- David of Metal City
- David the Barista
- The Blogger on the Cast Iron Balcony
- Be an Opinion Dominion Minion!
- ... and Fel
- His brilliant career - from whale sushi to crumbed prawn
- Jo Blogs
- Yet another Tim
- Was two peas, now three peas
- ... Still Life - now with extra rotating cats!
- An Amazingly Awesome Australian Ampersand!
- Blink and you'll miss 'er
- Red in the land of the tigers!
- Wire of Vibe
- Chase him, ladies, he's in the cavalry!
- The Non-palindromical Editrix in Germanium
- Old Sterne
- The briefs...
- ... and the brieflets
- The Purple Blog
- Blairville, lair of all that is wicked and perfidious
- The enticingly acronymical CSH
- EXTREEEEEEEME WYNTER!
- Mark of California
- Silent Speaking
- Lexicon the Mexican
- ► 2015 (73)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (173)
- ► 2012 (275)
- ► 2011 (261)
- Grumble grumble
- On sausages
- Suggested dictionary additions
- Breaking news, belatedly
- The man who mistook himself for a croissant
- The fantasy alphabet....
- State of deliciousness!
- Non-sequiturs speak louder than words
- Didactic poem about underwear
- Sunday morning thoughts about sitting
- Wine, oats, sugar, cofffee, icing, coffee, chocola...
- Fleurs du Artie
- My very meta metabolism
- Whine critics
- Awesome reviews by awesome people
- Rather infrequently updated page of pleasantries
- British general election dinner party
- Never prejudge prejudice
- The relationship between insignificance and unsign...
- ▼ May (22)
- ► 2009 (290)
- ► 2008 (316)
- ► 2007 (392)
- ► 2006 (373)
- ► 2005 (287)